What is suffix "0Q" in Samsung PC4-LRDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB(0Q) ??

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

minimini

Sep 9, 2016
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what's the difference between these modules ?? (M393A2G40DB0-CPB vs M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q)

I examined memory chips and buffer chips and they are totally identical as everything else on these modules. So what's the difference and can I mix them ?

Thanks

PS: The reason I ask this here is that I saw people selling and buy M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q modules and I never heard of 0Q variant, so I thought maybe someone can answer this.

minimini

Sep 9, 2016
For the sake of those who google how to decode Samsung Label and chip numbers, hereby my findings.

According Samsung module ordering information last two numbers stand for AMB Vendor for FBDIMM (AMB = Advanced Memory Buffer).

Here in section "5. RDIMM, LRDIMM Memory Buffer Information" and "5.1 Label Example" Samsung explains their label, pcb, jdec reference, etc.

CPB - (C) Commercial Temp 0-86 Celsius, (PB) DDR4-2133 (1066MHz @ CL=15, tRCD=15, tRP=15)
0Q - (0) Advanced memory buffer by IDT, Q (unsure but could be model/version of IDT)

HTH someone.
(anyway CBP and CBP0Q seems to be identical except version variation of IDT buffer)

Last edited: