What is currently the fastest half-height graphics card?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
I see some 1650GTX variety out there, but don't appear to see anything else, any others out there of half-height design (consumer-market identifies them as low-profile)... I'm not too worried about the length, just the height as I'd like to squeeze them into a 2u server for proxmoxing into some vms (passthrough).

... a free like will go out to the first helpful response, promise :D

(ps in case anyone asks, I cant use right-angle adapters and the likes as I'm planning on using all the slots on the board and its a custom build so no fancy riser bays etc)

aradii

Apr 2, 2020
I see some 1650GTX variety out there, but don't appear to see anything else, any others out there of half-height design (consumer-market identifies them as low-profile)... I'm not too worried about laser the length, just the height as I'd like to squeeze them into a 2u server for proxmoxing into some vms (passthrough).

... a free like will go out to the first helpful response, promise :D

(ps in case anyone asks, I cant use right-angle adapters and the likes as I'm planning on using all the slots on the board and its a custom build so no fancy riser bays etc)
Try the ASL G1504. It's a single slot low profile 1050ti. It's a nice little card, but expensive at @£180.

Reactions: Dreece

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
If only it came with a full height bracket with it :(. Right now my server is 4U but I could see myself moving to 2U in the future.
You can always flatten out the HH bracket at the catch angle with some pliers, and then you do a two stage duct-tape job, ie wrap it around the cage bar above, and then immediately next to that tape job do another and wrap it around the next cage bar, you end up with a card fitted as strong as the tape used. Just a hack, but does the job very well. If you use pliers cleanly to not mark the bracket when bending, you can also bend it back when time comes to sell on. And yes, it really is as solid as any typical lazy-catch system in servers, good quality 'real' duct-tape, that's all you need when you're in a pinch.

Kind of like this card currently on my mess bench:

Reactions: Serhan

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
My nvidia contact informed me they're looking at some more form factors for future power quadros, so looks like I can personally wait on this one. Right now business is a little dry but hopefully when things pick up I might get a freebie out of a batch as and when they're available.