What desk do you guys use

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I am looking at possibly looking for a new desk as I do not like the way 27" monitors fit on my desk. I cannot get the side monitors far enough away from my face.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
That is one beautiful desk, seriously expensive though. Just wait till the grand kids start doodling on it for you with crayons :D

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
That is one beautiful desk, seriously expensive though. Just wait till the grand kids start doodling on it for you with crayons :D
hmmm, i knew that on my TV and monitor..... it was a bad days for me..... and for my childs :)

So i really like this desk, but very ... expensive....

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I uses L shaped Tampered safety glass table since 2006 due on moving to my "new" home.
mine is silver color with tinted blue of tampered safety glass.

upload_2016-4-11_16-34-11.png

Reactions: Jerry Renwick

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
IKEA Bekant corner desk here (the successor to the Galant).

I created a raised shelf (for my monitors, m-ITX case, and coffee cups) by trimming a 2'x4' sheet of birch ply to match the shape of the desk and elevated it with some spare mason jars.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I custom-built a desk in the typical L shape sort of like you would have in a cube with the middle section looking like a large 4'x4' square with the corner chopped off so you have a flat 28" wide space to work at + 4' clear in each direction for lots of monitor space, and overbuilt with 3/4" birch plywood & some steel supports so it can handle quite a bit of weight, but doesn't use ugly MDF. Whole thing is 8ft x 8ft so takes up 2 walls in a room.

It has moved between 4 different homes and is almost 20 years old now I think about it. I built it because I didn't have the $ for something fancy that size back in the day, needed it to be easy to disassemble and transport (was in college) and folding tables & plywood on cabinet style desks were not cutting it anymore.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I custom-built a desk in the typical L shape sort of like you would have in a cube with the middle section looking like a large 4'x4' square with the corner chopped off so you have a flat 28" wide space to work at + 4' clear in each direction for lots of monitor space, and overbuilt with 3/4" birch plywood & some steel supports so it can handle quite a bit of weight, but doesn't use ugly MDF. .
THis is probably where I will end up, this or similar to mackle with the bekant's. I think building will likely be cheaper and allow me to get more of what I want though. Are there any pictures out there of yours blinky?

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
THis is probably where I will end up, this or similar to mackle with the bekant's. I think building will likely be cheaper and allow me to get more of what I want though. Are there any pictures out there of yours blinky?
I'll look and see if I have any when we moved most recently. I would have to seriously clean to have any of it visible except keyboards, laptops, papers, cables, coffee and monitors somehow suspend by some desk-like object. ;)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Bush office furniture. I got a bunch when Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, etc... carried it and were closing it out over a couple years many years ago, and have since added more with deals. Average purchase was 50% off and all are in perfect condition.

I then get high-end articulating keyboard arms, and extra wide keyboard tray to mount to the arm (~$175 I believe).
The keyboard arm let you go in out, up down, angle, pressure, etc... they're my favorite piece of ergo furniture equipment I have.
Foot rest.
Steelcase Leap chair

Ergotron monitor arms for side monitors and a big`ol 30" center make up my 'station' of operation :)

Reactions: Patriot

thayerz00r

Mar 27, 2016
Tyler, TX
I've been using the Galant series from Ikea for quite a while in various configurations. I think it was replaced with the Bekant series though. Modular storage is available for them...

We also have a couple VESA mount monitor arms to hold the screens, having these has made a world of difference in desk space and configuration!

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah monitor arms are very nice to clean up desk space for sure. The problem I have right now with my corner desk is that the corner just isnt wide enough for 3x27".

Reactions: CreoleLakerFan

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
In my home office I have the Sommerville corner desk from Ballard Designs:

In my office I have the Renate desk - I purchased it from Overstock a few years ago, but it's available a bunch of different places:

Initially I had both in my home office, but I signed a lease on some office space earlier this year and moved the renate into my work office. I have the hutch for the corner desk, but my 40" Seiki Pro doesn't have a height adjustable base, so I got an Ergotron arm for it and had to ditch the hutch for now. The 40" is great for gaming (when I have the rare free time for it) but sucks for productivity, so

I got a UW3415 for the office, which is awesome, which is also on an Ergotron arm, which is doubly awesome. I usually just use my laptop when I am at home, but I have the option of plugging into the 40" via DP if I need to.

Last edited:

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
Super-cheap but reasonably deep one from IKEA. Thinking off getting wall mounts for my monitors to free up some desk space, but as it's only a plasterboard partition wall I'm unsure it'll handle the weight!