What cpu suports lrdimms

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

blinkenlights

May 24, 2019
I had gotten few of samsung 64gb lrdimm 2666 For Samsung 64GB 4DRX4 DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 PC4-2666V-L ECC Registered Server RAM | eBay What cpu supports ram e5-2670v3
Most people start from the other direction - what memory is supported by the CPU I want? :D

Big sweeping generalization: I think most modern processors that support registered modules also support load-reduced modules. I remember seeing something about the Xeon-D 1500 series not supporting LRDIMM, and thinking to myself "that's odd." For what it's worth, I intentionally seek out load-reduced modules for my server/workstation builds - in my experience, they seem to be more stable than their registered counterparts.

Specific to the processor you mentioned: Intel Xeon E5 Version 3: Up to 18 Haswell EP Cores

tritron

Jan 15, 2020
I tested the memory I got with dell 7910 and quanta d51b-2u I tested with xeon E5-2620v3 E5-2606 v3 and E5-2670 v3 I got no post using samsung lrdim quanta showed A200 error on dell I had seen:
Memory is detected, but is not configurable.​
Since memory controller is build to cpu I need to find different cpu xeon v4 maybe low power that works with the ram unless ram is defective

blinkenlights

May 24, 2019
Since memory controller is build to cpu I need to find different cpu xeon v4 maybe low power that works with the ram unless ram is defective
You are correct that the memory controller is integrated (IMC) with these processors, but I'm not convinced that is the entire story with the memory you are testing. Intel specifically supports LRDIMM on the Haswell-EP platform. Here's a whitepaper from Fujitsu addressing Haswell-EP performance with LRDIMMs: https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Publications/public/wp-haswell-ep-memory-performance-ww-en.pdf

I wonder if there's something to do with ranks supported, etc. or even something in the firmware of those boards o_O