Welcome to the FreeNAS Corral era – It is finally here!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
So has anyone been brave enough to upgrade yet?
I did. The LAGGs I had configured didn't come back up after the upgrade. Had to fool around in the CLI to gain back webui access. Other than that, all seems OK so far.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So has anyone been brave enough to upgrade yet?
I have done 4.
  • 2 went smoothly, no issues.
  • 1 lost 40GbE so just had to re-setup the IP.
  • 1 stuck on boot using Corral.

Drewy

Apr 23, 2016
So 40% success rate so far. I should wait a while :) or at least do it when I'm less tired.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So 40% success rate so far. I should wait a while :) or at least do it when I'm less tired.
Well, the 40GbE was just adding the interface. The 1GbE management port was still active.

The other bit, it seems as though if you upgrade, you need to re-import encrypted volumes.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Only taken VM (test) AIO route so far, gonna let it bake for a few months, I used all the beta releases and RC and this one is by far the 'least buggy' LOL if that's anything to tout. A LOT of it has worked well as far as core functionality for me, even some of the edge cases I tested like containers and byhyyve (or however the eff they spell that) heh so all in all I am impressed.

Need to vet scheduled snapshot/replication still, especially between 9.10 to Corral (10, HA even I will forever call it that suckas!) releases.