Weird name in manuals for HP Prodesk 400 G4 Dutch manuals: "Harp Huluhu, Banjo(Banjo), Mandoline, Lute, Bali..." Why ???

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Ha that's a great one!
You can often find the HP internal code names looking through their e-cycling/teardown guides - sometimes what they‘ll do is take their factory assembly sheet, reverse the order of appearance of components, forget to redact internal data and publish it. I’ve seen such gems as Yorktown/Jamestown (t620 plus), Tristar (t630), Xing (t420), Jasper (t520), Mulan (t628), Tranquil (t640), Pixar (t730), Pichu (t740) and Camellia/Linden 13 (the new Elitebook 835G7 that’s not even sold yet).

They all have code names, but I think the ones done by their ODM partners tends to get sloppy factory disassembly sheets while others done in-house have more professionally done sheets without codenames, employee names and internal parts references.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicenemo

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
You can often find the HP internal code names looking through their e-cycling/teardown guides - sometimes what they‘ll do is take their factory assembly sheet, reverse the order of appearance of components, forget to redact internal data and publish it. I’ve seen such gems as Yorktown/Jamestown (t620 plus), Tristar (t630), Xing (t420), Jasper (t520), Mulan (t628), Tranquil (t640), Pixar (t730), Pichu (t740) and Camellia/Linden 13 (the new Elitebook 835G7 that’s not even sold yet).

They all have code names, but I think the ones done by their ODM partners tends to get sloppy factory disassembly sheets while others done in-house have more professionally done sheets without codenames, employee names and internal parts references.
Dell does too, the big Precisions, at least the M6400 and M6500 do, have codenames like Reebok or Nike.