WD SN630 U.2 NVME SSDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
New, with 5 year warranty
4tb: $349 or 365
2tb: $209 or 225
1tb; $100 or 130
PCI 3, read optimized
These look to be the 0.8DWPD model, not the 2 DWPD model.
I also can't tell why they have 2 listings for drives at slightly different prices with no obvious differentiation except that the more expensive one is marked as for mac.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I also can't tell why they have 2 listings for drives at slightly different prices with no obvious differentiation except that the more expensive one is marked as for mac.
Yeah, that's weird since they're showing the exact same WD part number for both and yet in the specs they list for both drives the IOPs is different for both and one specifically says 'Not compatible with macOS'. Pretty confusing if these are indeed the same WD part number.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
I have a guess:
Is it possible that the "Mac" version can be also used on Linux but not Windows, and the "Windows/Linux" version can only be used on Windows and Linux?

Because I had got an SN630 960gb from another ebay vendor, and when in testing, it has no problem on booting Ubuntu, but not worked on booting windows 10 pro.

Reactions: Samir

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Only issue with WD is depending on where the drives come from they suck for warranty or lack of it.
We bought some almost new very little hours and usage nvme's 15.36TB two out of four failed. They refuse to cover any replacement without providing serial number of the unit they first came from. Which kind of sucks when buying off ebay as you don't know.