WD 3.84TB NVMe Ultrastar DC SN630 PCIe Gen3 U.2 @ 299 USD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
This seems like a good deal:

Includes an AIC adapter, so you can chose to use it as such - or if you have an U.2 cable/drive bay - you can use it as such.

Its not the fastest or best drive, but at that price I think its a pretty good deal.
Edit - never mind - its not even cheap :) I just got blinded by U.2/3.84GB and below 300 USD.

Reactions: Samir

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
As for NVMe or big SSDs, just wait a bit longer. Few months. Chia people will realize their coin is not recovering and will sell you their gear for way below 50 cents on the dollar. I got a few SATA Micron 5200/5300 MAX this way, 7% lifetime used, for 80% off. Those AIC might also be a reason your CPU can no longer reach package C6 but only C2. Personally not buying anymore if seller a) can't produce a SMART dump and b) no firmware updates available at all (HGST and Samsung both a royal pain in that regard).

Reactions: Aluminat and Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
We're on STH. Too many great deals to control yourself.

Or, you'll say things like, "I regret not jumping on the Quanta Xeon-D 12x bay LFF 1U servers."
The only regret I ever had was not buying 32GB modules when they were $25/ea on here 2 years ago. 'They always come down in price' I told myself...right before a global pandemic. o_O

My rule on a deal is 'can I put it to use tomorrow?'. If the answer is no, then I know it will sit long enough to depreciate and then it wasn't a good deal. At least that's how I talk myself out of it. :D

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
...just wait a bit longer. Few months. Chia people will realize their coin is not recovering and will sell you their gear for way below 50 cents on the dollar.
Wait, they still haven't figured out that scam? Fool and their money...

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
Oh they know that they're attached to their coin by an inclined, or shall we say declined plane, wrapped helically around an axis. If you google "sunk cost fallacy" you will realize that hurdle has to be overcome still before they put their stuff on the market. Especially those hard to trash high-TBW (petabytes) flash drives should increase in appearance.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Oh they know that they're attached to their coin by an inclined, or shall we say declined plane, wrapped helically around an axis. If you google "sunk cost fallacy" you will realize that hurdle has to be overcome still before they put their stuff on the market.
The only hurdle is to realize when you are in the no-win scenario and your only choices are to 'lose' or 'lose more'. I actually learned this lesson many decades back in a business venture. My dad never learned it his entire life, even when I did my best to help him understand it.

Reactions: Almighty

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
With EURUSD = 1:1 that's not worth including shipping and customs. All-in-All sending it to Poland is ~430 EUR. Use your brain guys. Just using the dick will become expensive.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
We're on STH. Too many great deals to control yourself.

Or, you'll say things like, "I regret not jumping on the Quanta Xeon-D 12x bay LFF 1U servers."
I still regret not buying a stack of those.
They were going at 150$ in the end and sold out the day before i finaly decided to order 6 of them.
Loaded link to order and RIP

im now trying to decide if i should order 3 HP boxes that i expect to be my next regret if i dont :D