WD 16TB My Book Duo Desktop RAID External Hard Drive USB 3.0 $499.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
I bought a 12 TB unit a while ago and used the two Red 6tb drives for my windows server 2012 essential VM to hold my data and server backup. I put the unit back in the box and in the closet in case i need warranty support. So far been working without an issue.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
I was going to buy ten of these on eBay to harvest the drives. It haven't yet. I've been reading a lot of people saying the 8TB models are noisy as hell, constant clicking, sound unbalanced..

I have 44 of the 2TB reds among other drives and hear nothing but silence from them.

Anyone on here use the 8TB Reds that can either confirm or deny these issues? I would love to simplify my drive counts but don't want to invest $5,000 and have a bunch of crap ass drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I was going to buy ten of these on eBay to harvest the drives. It haven't yet. I've been reading a lot of people saying the 8TB models are noisy as hell, constant clicking, sound unbalanced..
Are that wd green drives?