Warm ? Micron M500 960GB $79 shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
I looked at these earlier and thought better about posting, their endurance is _abysmal_ at 73TBW spec'd. That's just 73 full drive writes, oof.

With old drives I'd be looking for things in the multi PB rated endurance range, there's absolutely no telling how heavy the workload on something 5-6 years old has been. I've been buying cheap older drives recently and I've been targeting the endurance heavy eMLC stuff. I've received some drives with as little as 2-3TBW and others with as much as ~450TBW that are similar in age to these.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Received an email from uCenter today Sandisk Plus and their house brand Inland both 1TB Sata3 SSD's for $90.00 no limit shown.

$10 more for newer, more modern albeit very consumer oriented drives...

For the moment (till the big T hits shipments) prices are dropping and I'd anticipate that will affect the lower end used market too.

aij

May 7, 2017
For the moment (till the big T hits shipments) prices are dropping and I'd anticipate that will affect the lower end used market too.
What is the big T?

I thought the availability of Optane might be driving down the SSD prices. (At least where IOPS, latency, and endurance are the main concerns.)