EU WANTED: HBA controller with 2 ports

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SecCon

Arkham Asylum Server Mgmt
May 26, 2022
Replacing a LSI SAS 3108 with a HBA card and looking for tips and suggestions. Transfer rate can be as low as 6GBps since there is SATA drives in my SAS connectors.

I don't know a lot about HBA so open for tips, recommendations and more info.

Intended usage: TrueNAS ZFS Pools. Documentation: What's all the noise about HBA's, and why can't I use a RAID controller?

Cabling and all that to backplane is already sorted, should be plug and play according to this manual from Huawei, for a rackserver RH2238H v3.

Attachments

Reactions: Samir

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
I do have an sr130 in it mode (HBA) if you're interested, it is a 9300 8i huawei mezzanine card for huawei v3 servers

this one:

Since your backplane and cabling uses mini hd SAS connectors, I do recomend you a card that uses them (mostly SAS3, some SAS2 uses them too but is rare)

Last edited:

SecCon

May 26, 2022
What can I say? I was struggling to get Huawei Community to point me to one of theses, and I was not able to find them under the mezzanine card listings in spare parts catalogue.. Computing Product Compatibility Checker

Since my SAS3108 also is a mezzanine..

... let the haggle begin... ;)

What numbers are you considering?

SecCon

May 26, 2022
Consider it done. Shipping from Spain, right?

I am sending you a PM with my address and lets sort the paperwork...