WANTED: 3.84 TB Samsung SM863/SM883 SSDs, Xeon W3690/X5690

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arcadia420

Feb 13, 2023
Raleigh, NC
How much do you want to spend on a 7050? I've got an extra 7050 to spare and a m700 if you'd rather buy that instead. C7YQCP2 and 47P2LH2 are my 7050s.

arcadia420

Feb 13, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Those are not the Micro unfortunately.
They definitely are, lol. I was a little confused the first time I looked them up too. You have to click through the line items. They're really micros. All of the ones I get come through the same place and they are constantly buying/replacing stock. Maybe it has something to do with the volume of the order, because every service tag is like this.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
They definitely are, lol. I was a little confused the first time I looked them up too. You have to click through the line items. They're really micros. All of the ones I get come through the same place and they are constantly buying/replacing stock. Maybe it has something to do with the volume of the order, because every service tag is like this.
Weird, Dell says they're MFF, or is that their way of saying they're the Micro models?

arcadia420

Feb 13, 2023
Raleigh, NC
I am pretty sure I've looked up service tags that were listed differently, but that could just be a false memory... Every tag at this place looks like this though. It's actually kind of annoying.

How it works is everyone lines up to get a random number to determine your spot in line. If you're spot is at the front then it's a literal feeding frenzy. Being able to quickly identify specs is really important. I got a couple of 5080s last week because the guy in front of me only cared about model number and not generation. He happily let me take the 5080s for a couple of 7050s.

This was the first time 10th gen showed up and I suspect I'll be able to replace my entire fleet over the next couple of months. It feels good, like moving to e5-26xx v4 good.

How much do you want to spend? I get these cheap. If you want to take a gamble on a new member and your number is 'reasonable' we can probably reach deal.

Chum in the water

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
I am pretty sure I've looked up service tags that were listed differently, but that could just be a false memory... Every tag at this place looks like this though. It's actually kind of annoying.

How it works is everyone lines up to get a random number to determine your spot in line. If you're spot is at the front then it's a literal feeding frenzy. Being able to quickly identify specs is really important. I got a couple of 5080s last week because the guy in front of me only cared about model number and not generation. He happily let me take the 5080s for a couple of 7050s.

This was the first time 10th gen showed up and I suspect I'll be able to replace my entire fleet over the next couple of months. It feels good, like moving to e5-26xx v4 good.

How much do you want to spend? I get these cheap. If you want to take a gamble on a new member and your number is 'reasonable' we can probably reach deal.

Chum in the water
Hard to say, they got i7-7700's and while very nice it'll probably be far above my budget of €100 or so for a barebone 7040/7050.

arcadia420

Feb 13, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Ok, hmm it never clicked in my smooth brain that NL is most likely Nederland. I can let it go at that price, but I am in the states. If you you think it's worth shipping, I am willing but you'll have to provide simple instructions that my smooth brain can follow

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Ok, hmm it never clicked in my smooth brain that NL is most likely Nederland. I can let it go at that price, but I am in the states. If you you think it's worth shipping, I am willing but you'll have to provide simple instructions that my smooth brain can follow
I have a contact in Oregon for stuff like this.

If you actually have newer Micro machines like these I might actually be interested in one, i'll sell off my 3040 since I want MOAR COARZ.

Last edited:

arcadia420

Feb 13, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Last week was great for these micro machines. I drew #9 in the lottery so I snagged four 7050s and two 5080s. I usually scavenge the workstations and ignore these machines entirely. Recently, I've experienced a string of deals where people were very generous so I felt like I had to pay it forward. Compared to the prices people sell these for, I pay peanuts and honestly am not suffering a loss at all.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Last week was great for these micro machines. I drew #9 in the lottery so I snagged four 7050s and two 5080s. I usually scavenge the workstations and ignore these machines entirely. Recently, I've experienced a string of deals where people were very generous so I felt like I had to pay it forward. Compared to the prices people sell these for, I pay peanuts and honestly am not suffering a loss at all.
What specs do the 5080s have?

arcadia420

Feb 13, 2023
Raleigh, NC
1WXK8B3 is the service tag for one of them. They are configured the same. I think the only difference between a 5080 and the 7080 is the 5080 is missing a m2/pcie header. They left everything intact and header is the only thing missing (doubt it). I am going to use them as is for now and put 11th gen in them as I find good deals.