vSphere7 & NVMeOF

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So now that vSphere7 does NVMEoF - does anyone know a free for home software based NVMeOF appliance? ;)

Reactions: Patrick

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Its still weird that the most feature rich mostly free storage appliance runs on Windows.

If they didnt have that weird 1 year only NFR policy I'd probably have joined the club years ago, but just not into the PS managed version

@vangoose True - less appliance but yes. Still waiting on your guide btw;)

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
Its still weird that the most feature rich mostly free storage appliance runs on Windows.

If they didnt have that weird 1 year only NFR policy I'd probably have joined the club years ago, but just not into the PS managed version

@vangoose True - less appliance but yes. Still waiting on your guide btw;)
Had to rebuild my lab first, shuffle things around, got it up and running first. A bit too busy with 2 kids, not too much time to work on iSER now.

Getting 3*2667 v2 to replace my 2620 v1/v2 for the lab, 64GB more ram for one host to get all 3 hosts to 2667v2 with 128GB ram. Shutdown some E3 hosts with 32GB ram.

Not a good time to replace the entire lab now. Waiting for new generations next year.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
just been teasing you, no worries, I can relate.
Intended for weeks now to redo the whole network , downgrade e5's to e3's to save some power and finally finish the FreeNas VM storage build ... but always something not working as expected or the next real life issue creeping up ... Ah well thats life - first world luxury issues after all, shouldnt complain :)