vSphere ESXi & FreeNas - NFS4.1

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I was doing some maintenance on my FN box due to issues with multipathing (part of my -A vs -EL2 experience).
Since I had to wipe my VM pool I thought I could make the change to nfs4.1 while I am at it and since I had read that some ppl had have success with that.

So off I went, switched to 4.1, created a single mount on a box and did simple directory creation test - all good.
So went ahead and redid the rest only to find I can't do vMotions... started searching and digging and didn't find much.

After more poking around I noticed that the first mounted share actually is write capable, all others seem to be read limited somehow (despite showing accessible in the mount list).

How have other ppl using 4.1 solved this?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Weird, same here.
Did you set up users or mounting with root still?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hm, will need to check if its depending on pool, but mounted all identically and didn't change permissions since working nfs3.
Getting some weird errors in the vmkernel.log too.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So, deleting the NFS share on FN and recreating it helped with the read only issue - can write now to all shares.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Last edited: