vsphere client stopped connect to esxi

Discussion in 'VMware, VirtualBox, Citrix' started by F1ydave, Oct 20, 2016.

1. F1ydave

F1ydave Member

Anyone been able to resolved the connection issues?

5.5, once every couple months vsphere client wouldnt connect. I usually would connect using the web client and then vpshere would connect immediately. Since upgrading to 6.0u2, vsphere worked for the first month and then it started working 50% of the time. Now it doesnt work at all. Ive been using the web client for the last month (what a pain).

I can only assume it was some sort of windows update...I've tried all the suggested solutions I could google. I am on windows 7, tried the registry connection timer.

I am out of ideas.

2. xnoodle

xnoodle Active Member

Does port 80 work on the management IP for the ESXi host?
    Have you tried turning on ssh and looking at the local logs when this happens?

3. ecosse

ecosse Active Member

I know this is a far stupider comment than xnoodle's but you don't have an IP address conflict or something like that? Two DNS A records? I always go down the complicated fix route before finding out it was something simple all along