EU !VOTING ENDED! WTB Ablecom case CS-T80-02 - GROUP PURCHASE VOTE

Are you interested in to buy Ablecom CS-T80 chassis v2.0 in EU, if the distributor's price+pp fine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

csp-guy

Jun 26, 2019
Hungary, Budapest
Dear STH Members!

I replaced the first post for easier view.

Summary/FAQ:
- I am a private person, there is no company or commission/salary related income behind me in this order.
- I would like to buy an ablecom 8 bay mini tower chassis, V2.0 version, it is equipped with USB 3.0 ports it is not available to endusers.
- Link: Products - ABLECOM 大訊科技 - CS-T80
- Ixsystems sells only complete solution with their motherboard.
- I asked Boston IT Germany, about purchase, the minimum accepted order from ablecom to Boston IT is 12 pcs (1 pallet).
- Until I get answer about price / shipping quotes from BITG, i try to organize 11 other member, basically EU resident members to buy the case.
- If we will get the price, I will ask BITG about shipping charges to different locations within EU (optionally to US).
- Voting is only about purchase intent, without obligation. I plan on asking BITG to send the order to everyone and have to settle the payment to everyone to BITG individually.
- However, if someone doesn’t pay then maybe the whole group order may fail, so I don’t know what will happen if that happens. Perhaps we have to pay everything in prepaid condition to the distributor.
- If you want to order more, than 1 chassis, please PM me.
- And, please send me in pm your country of delivery, and quantity of order.

Amount - STH id - Location
Thanks.

1 positions left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
I haven't seen them for sale anywhere yet. Supermicro and FreeNAS use the 4-bay model but never seen the 8-bay elsewhere.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Why not sending an inquiry to ablecom.de ? Ablecom, if I’m not mistaken, is a German company. Correct me if I’m wrong.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
I researched this about a year ago - apparently Ablecom directly only deals in bulk, like 1K units. I saw interest somewhere trying to get a group buy together, but the thread was dead last time I looked. If I find my notes, I'll post the links here.

I am currently using one of the 4-bay ones to test problematic drives from my Supermicro rackmount systems, since the trays are compatible, but I would like to get an 8-bay one if they ever surface in the US.

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I'd try contacting freenas and see if they'll sell the case by itself. I'm sure they sell spare parts for their units, so they should have a price for one. Worth a shot anyways.

Dec 1, 2012
I actually bought the CS-T80 v2 from Ablecom directly maybe 2 years ago, ended up costing US 221 for the case and another US 200 for shipping. I like the case but wasnt overly happy with the 2 fans (noisy) in the base that ixsystems replace in their fitout, not sure how you can safely remove them

csp-guy

Jun 26, 2019
Hungary, Budapest
Ok, I asked Boston IT Germany.

They do not have on stock the USB 3.0 port version and they need to minimum order from ABlecom of 12 chassis.

Anybody interested here within EU to join in a group order to buy this case?

Thanks.

csp-guy

Jun 26, 2019
Hungary, Budapest
Dear STH Members!

I started a vote, if anybody here is interested to buy the chassis (theoterically), i try to organize the shipping from the distributor to your address.

I try to discuss, perhaps you can pay directly to the distributor by bank transfer, I do not want to be the part of the payment chain.

If we can pay 12 units, I hope, the distributor will order from Ablecom, Taiwan.

I am waiting for the final price and the shipping fee of the chassis from the distributor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and gb00s

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
For the price mentioned above I'd be down for at least one - possibly two. But I just realized we are still talking about an EU order and I am in the US... my apologies!