Voltaire/Mellanox 4036 mtu

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Hey All,

Anyone have any idea how to set and show mtu settings on this switch?

Having some problems setting MTU to 4092 on VMware 5.5 U2, it takes the mtu setting for the vmnic, but will not take it for the vswitch.

Thanks,
Tom

adrian

Jul 26, 2013
Search on mellanox community thread... I had a similar issue and it was gracefully explained by a fellow community member..

Just a quick insight: You can set the MTU in the partition.conf file. Then disconnect all servers and connect one so it can negociate 4092 mTu, then all you'll add will see that...

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Adrian, thanks for your feedback. I can't find the partition.conf file anywhere on the 4036 switch, and when I got onto the "OS" side of the switch, well, not sure I want to touch anything there.

I thought it would be a simple switch cli setting, but doesn't appear to be. The odd thing is that it took the mtu setting for the nics, but not the vswitch.

Tom

Search on mellanox community thread... I had a similar issue and it was gracefully explained by a fellow community member..

Just a quick insight: You can set the MTU in the partition.conf file. Then disconnect all servers and connect one so it can negociate 4092 mTu, then all you'll add will see that...