VMware Integrated Containers

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ellwood

Nov 20, 2016
Yeah, I've got half a write up on how to deploy it on vSphere.... however, I was stuck at getting the UI plugin working, and it basically derailed the other 95% (no joke, I'm just crazy perfectionist with somethings, not all, but somethings bug me)

It's nice, I don't know if it's any better, but it's at least interesting.

Reactions: nitrobass24

jmccoy555

Jan 6, 2016
Can you share a datastore yet?? I have a Plex and a LMS docker containers that both need access to my media share.... I gave up last time when I found out this wasn't possible.

The other option I found was running a docker host within a VIC host, but that sounded like you're just basically back to the Ubuntu setup.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dragonme

Apr 12, 2016
can VIC be run on esxi6 single host with vcsa6.5? Looks like I am forced into a vDS but is that practical for a single host?

I am new to docker but dont see the value of trying to run container apps in VMs of photonOS... would much prefer to drop the overhead of linux VMs and just run Plex and other services on esxi AS VMs.. from a resource perspective