VMware Integrated Containers

Discussion in 'Docker and Containers' started by nitrobass24, Jun 16, 2017.

1. nitrobass24

nitrobass24 Moderator

Anyone using this? vSphere Integrated Containers

Right now I am running Ubuntu VMs on my VMware cluster, but this looks like it might be a bit cleaner.

2. Ellwood

Ellwood Member

Yeah, I've got half a write up on how to deploy it on vSphere.... however, I was stuck at getting the UI plugin working, and it basically derailed the other 95% (no joke, I'm just crazy perfectionist with somethings, not all, but somethings bug me)

It's nice, I don't know if it's any better, but it's at least interesting.

nitrobass24 likes this.
  3. nitrobass24

nitrobass24 Moderator

Cool, the wife is out of town this weekend, so I am thinking that's going to be my project.

4. jmccoy555

jmccoy555 New Member

Can you share a datastore yet?? I have a Plex and a LMS docker containers that both need access to my media share.... I gave up last time when I found out this wasn't possible.

The other option I found was running a docker host within a VIC host, but that sounded like you're just basically back to the Ubuntu setup.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. dragonme

dragonme Member

can VIC be run on esxi6 single host with vcsa6.5? Looks like I am forced into a vDS but is that practical for a single host?

I am new to docker but dont see the value of trying to run container apps in VMs of photonOS... would much prefer to drop the overhead of linux VMs and just run Plex and other services on esxi AS VMs.. from a resource perspective