VMWare EVALExperience: Legit Home Lab VMWare Licensing!!!!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Emulsifide

Dec 1, 2014
Holy crap!!!! Look what VMWare just announced:

VMUG : EVALExperience

For $200/year (or less if your employer will foot the bill for you or jump on a group purchase), you get "non-production" licensing for the following VMWare products:
It took them forever to come out with such a program, but whatever. This is fantastic! The next step for my lab is to get Horizon running so I can gain access to a secure workstation off of my home network anywhere in the world. This couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Entz

Apr 25, 2013
Canada Eh?
Wow that is awesome. No more having to reinstall vCenter each time the trial expried :p

Just to confirm this is the full "6 processors (socket)" license version and not restricted to one or two hosts or anything?

Last edited:

Emulsifide

Dec 1, 2014
thanks @Emulsifide

you don't get same day access. It says up to 2 days.
I kinda figured that would be the case. I use Kivuto at work to give Microsoft Dreamspark and VMWare VMAP out to roughly 3,500 students. They're not the fastest on the planet when it comes to processing paperwork.

Mike

May 29, 2012
EU
Vmware had a program similar to Dreamspark before. I have all licenses for free, but no real use for them.

Emulsifide

Dec 1, 2014
Vmware had a program similar to Dreamspark before. I have all licenses for free, but no real use for them.
They still do. It's called VMAP. It has nowhere near the amount of licensing available that this program does.

I just found a heck of a deal that I just posted in the Great Deals section. Someone needs to grab it (I took the other voucher the guy had for sale):

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?posts/38414/

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Hmm,
Hopefully this is still going after the wife and I get a house and it allows for multiple hosts.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
I just got back from installing the Samsung XP941 in the lab. You are right that the hardware is available here.
I have a poor little MicroServer N40L doing home server duties (HP P410 w/ a 250GB RAID 1 boot array & a 2TB RAID 1 storage array, running Server 2k8R2), a Dell PowerConnect 2724 switch, UniFi AP & an old Intel DM510MO board as my pfSense box. Need a house for the lower house payments (rent is horrible where I live) so I can get some rackmount systems.