VMware ESXi 6.5u1 with Intel Atom C3000 Series Denverton

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just tried the latest VMware ESXi 6.5u1 ISO and the VMware-ESXi-6.5U1-RollupISO.iso with the Intel Atom C3000 series "Denverton" using onboard 10GbE:

upload_2017-8-17_13-35-50.png

Since U1 was released about three weeks ago, it looks like there is going to be some time where one needs to slipstream new Intel drivers into the ISO.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I guess seperate threads allows people to post instructions for each OS on how to fix etc

Reactions: Patrick

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I also was not planning on doing all of them at once.

raidable

Jan 3, 2018
Just tried the latest VMware ESXi 6.5u1 ISO and the VMware-ESXi-6.5U1-RollupISO.iso with the Intel Atom C3000 series "Denverton" using onboard 10GbE:

View attachment 6358

Since U1 was released about three weeks ago, it looks like there is going to be some time where one needs to slipstream new Intel drivers into the ISO.
Hi Patrick, can you tell me if the SATA controller is recognized by ESXi? I want to order this A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F Supermicro board for my ESXi server in the near future. This board comes with 4x 1Gb Ethernet.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Babis

Feb 6, 2018
Hi Patrick, can you tell me if the SATA controller is recognized by ESXi? I want to order this A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F Supermicro board for my ESXi server in the near future. This board comes with 4x 1Gb Ethernet.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Hi, do you have meanwhile any experiences with the A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F and installing ESXi6.5?

Thanks

wesdonohue

Apr 9, 2018
Hi, do you have meanwhile any experiences with the A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F and installing ESXi6.5?

Thanks
Bump. A supplier we buy from upgraded to these and I'm now out at a job site trying to do a new install and completely stuck. Didn't have issues installing ESXI on old models, but can't figure out how to get it running on the ones they've sent us with the denverton chip. I know how to slip drivers into the installer but can't find anyone at intel, supermicro, or vmware that can tell me what drivers are actually needed, or if they even exist. Has anyone gotten esxi installed on one of these systems?

Kev

Feb 16, 2015
Any updates testing now that C3000 boards can be purchased? I’m interested in esxi virtualization

SlinkingAnt

Mar 18, 2018
Netherlands
Any updates testing now that C3000 boards can be purchased? I’m interested in esxi virtualization
There is a new driver released a few weeks ago: https://my.vmware.com/en/group/vmwa...L-IXGBEN-1710&productId=746#product_downloads

Installing ESXi 6.7U1 didn't work on my A2SDV-16C-TLN5F until I updated the BIOS, but since then I get a purple screen of death within an hour of booting :(. Downgrade to 6.5 didn't work, which was rock-stable for the last 9 months. So I'm stuck at the moment and running the most important VM's on a laptop while I deal with this #%^&$.