Virident FlashMax II on Windows Server 2012 R2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Biren78

Jan 16, 2013
Hi all,

I got one of those cards off ebay for $1/ GB. Newer than the fusion-io cards and bigger.

I'm trying to install windows drivers but when I log-in and click install I get a note that they must be installed with Administrator privileges. When I right click, I do not get the option to run as administrator. Ideas?

Biren78

Jan 16, 2013
Oh this was easy. I just had to start an Administrator command prompt and run the MSI package.

tiandongxue

Nov 12, 2017
hi,Biren,Can you send me a copy for Virident FlashMax II? I can not find the windows driver anywhere .
Thx.

tiandongxue

Nov 12, 2017
hi,Biren,Can you send me a copy for Virident FlashMax II? I can not find the windows driver anywhere .
Thx.
The supporter of the hgst give me the method :
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have looked at the case description, pls goto this URL to download drivers.
https://support.hgst.com/downloads
In the meantime, please provide information for the followings:
1. S/N and Business Impact
2. Contact number
3. Country & Time zone

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
I copied the FlahsMax II/III windows drivers here:

They are msi files. Windows will ask you to run it as ADMIN. You'll need to do the regedit shown in the included text file to run the msi file as admin.

MEGA

Good luck.

tiandongxue

Nov 12, 2017

They are msi files. Windows will ask you to run it as ADMIN. You'll need to do the regedit shown in the included text file to run the msi file as admin.

MEGA

Good luck.

Thank you very much !

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
Oh, it's not newer than the 3rd gen ioDrives... but probably cheaper and less reliable in the long-run.

ekhaskel

Dec 3, 2019

MEGA

Good luck.
Hi
Thanks a lot for the link with the driver. Unfortunately HGST site is closed and WD doesn't have any files for download for this card. BTW - may be you also downloaded and saved the last available firmware for this card?
Regards
E.