Video cards with side/rear mounted PCIe power

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

J--

Aug 13, 2016
Supermicro has a few 1U chassis with proprietary mobos to support one or two dual slot, full height gfx/compute cards, I acquired one and I'm attempting to find some cards that fit without breaking the bank.

Question is, what cards have side mounted (or rear mounted, depending on who you ask) PCIe power connectors to allow for near zero clearance for the face of the card (when looking into a chassis)?

It looks like Fury Nanos have this provision, I'm not sure of any other cards other than Quadros or other workstation cards (which are never cheap)?

J--

Aug 13, 2016
Chassis/mobo is here, you can see how there is little clearance to the sides of the chassis to accommodate PCIe power.

Dual cards:

There's a triple option even, with a provision for a 4th low profile card:

Last edited:

J--

Aug 13, 2016
Side (or rear) mounted PCIe cards seem rare:

FirePros as well:

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
GTX1060 reference has rear power plug. Most of the customs I see are on the side though...

wiretap

Jul 14, 2015
Michigan
It might be worth it to look into the EVGA PowerLink to see if there's enough clearance in the case. This would allow you to route the power to the rear. EVGA - Articles - EVGA PowerLink™ But.. if there isn't enough room to plug in cables on the side, there most likely isn't room for this adapter.

Another option would be soldering a pigtail to the graphics card, but of course that would void warranties.