UTM: Sophos and Supermicro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jonobk

Feb 19, 2011
Winnipeg
So I finally got my ram, and its booting up, but it seems when I attempt to boot ESX 5.5 installer, I lose my keyboard once I get to the initial install screen. Is there a specific BIOS setting I need to retain my USB keyboard?

Here's my current USB settings:

Enabled:
USB Legacy Support
USB3.0 Support
XHCI Hand-Off
USB Mass Storage Driver Support

Disabled:
EHCI Hand-Off
Port 60/64 Emulation

I'm currently booting my installation from a USB key on the internal USB 3 header, and my keyboard is plugged into one of the onboard external USB ports on the back of the motherboard.

Any suggestions?
I'm confused. You mention USB 3.0 support, but the A1SRM-2558F board, which this build thread is about, doesn't have USB 3.0.

On the A1SRM-2558F I had no troubles mounting an iso over IPMI, and running the install that way. No keyboard or USB required.

Do you have a thread that we can review the rest of your parts in?

Last edited:

spyrule

I'm confused. You mention USB 3.0 support, but the A1SRM-2558F board, which this build thread is about, doesn't have USB 3.0.
I apologize man, I sorta hijacked your thread. This is for the A1SAI-2550F that I was having issues with. However, it was because my keyboard was in USB 3, which ESXi 5.5 does not yet completely support (and most likely won't for awhile I'd guess).