Used Genuine 10G Base T Intel NICS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CJRoss

May 31, 2017
Apparently the x540-T2 I picked up from eBay last year is a counterfeit. I didn't realize it until I started looking around and came across this thread linking directly to the card I purchased.

Chinese X540-T2 on ebay is a counterfeit?

In the interest of picking up genuine replacements, can those who know better help me find some good listings? I'd prefer x550-T2's but depending on the price I could go with some T1s or x540s.

The reason I need copper 10G is because this will be interfacing with my Xeon D board.

Thanks.

Jerry Renwick

Aug 7, 2014
If you prefer the 10G copper, you can buy the mellanox 10G ConnectX-2 NIC cards. They are quite reliable and cost-effective. And the 10GBASE-T SFP+ copper transceivers with the power consumption of 2.5w and 30m linking length are also available on the market.

CJRoss

May 31, 2017
If you prefer the 10G copper, you can buy the mellanox 10G ConnectX-2 NIC cards. They are quite reliable and cost-effective. And the 10GBASE-T SFP+ copper transceivers with the power consumption of 2.5w and 30m linking length are also available on the market.
I was under the impression SFP+ to 10GBASE-T didn't exist.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I was under the impression SFP+ to 10GBASE-T didn't exist.
Well it exists but violates the standards, due to power it's limited in copper run length (less than official ethernet standard requires)
And they seem very expensive so far.
It for in same rack patching they would work fine if supported on your switch.

CJRoss

May 31, 2017
I'd prefer not to mix 10G standards if I can help it. That way I'll have more flexibility.