USB Burn Failed with Media Creation Tool

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

macruisn

Oct 17, 2019
Media Creation Tool say it is not able to make a bootable disk with this USB. It is USB 2.0 Kingston with 16 G free space. My purpose is create a Windows 10 installation media.

William

May 7, 2015
I believe you might be right RS.

I have had USB sticks fail before doing this, they seemed to work ok other wise.
Sometimes using an older USB stick worked just fine, and new ones didn't.
Could also be a driver issue, meaning I have a USB stick that works fine in Win 10, but a Win 7 setup cannot read it. Win 7 setup can read an older USB stick ok, just not the news ones.

Its hard to say with USB sticks these days, often they are cheaply made and what ever standards they use for these sticks are simply over ruled by a cost factor. The EasyStore review I did that came with a 32GB USB stick which died after two removals, yes I eject USB sticks every time. It simply died.

Reactions: macruisn

macruisn

Oct 17, 2019
The USB drive only needs to be 8GB minimum. It's possible that your USB drive is failing (I had that issue not to long ago with an old HP USB 2.0 drive).
copy -paste file are OK with the drive. and no warning message pops up when using the USB

costoteliyoung

Oct 22, 2019
Media Creation Tool say it is not able to make a bootable disk with this USB. It is USB 2.0 Kingston with 16 G free space. My purpose is create a Windows 10 installation media.
What made it say that?It has the ability to create a bootable disk wiht an USB as i know,but i don't know why it doesn't work for you.The last time i burned an USB,it was 12 gb,but it worked.
Windows Media Creation Tool Download | Create Windows Installation USB
Follow this tutorial and do it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: macruisn