US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Shipping or local pickup in Phoenix.

Dynatron 1U active HSF 775-1151. What to expect (not my listing): Dynatron DB127515BM-A 2 Ball Bearing Top Motor fan active Heatsink DC12V 0.60A | eBay

Standard Intel 775-1151 desktop HSF. Copper core, so should do higher TDP CPUs.

Cooljag 2U active HSF 2011 square. What to expect (again not my listing): Cooljag ITO-D/S-Q (JYC1R04ATPG-0) 2U Cooling Fan w/PWM Blower - Socket LGA 2011 4715910061879 | eBay

Tool-free Icy Dock 2.5" to 3.5" SATA drive adapter.

SATA adapter for me please.

Reactions: Samir

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California

Dynatron 1U active HSF 775-1151. What to expect (not my listing): Dynatron DB127515BM-A 2 Ball Bearing Top Motor fan active Heatsink DC12V 0.60A | eBay

Standard Intel 775-1151 desktop HSF. Copper core, so should do higher TDP CPUs.

Cooljag 2U active HSF 2011 square. What to expect (again not my listing): Cooljag ITO-D/S-Q (JYC1R04ATPG-0) 2U Cooling Fan w/PWM Blower - Socket LGA 2011 4715910061879 | eBay

Tool-free Icy Dock 2.5" to 3.5" SATA drive adapter.

1U & 2U HSF please. Sending PM

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015

Celestix 1U network appliance - Brand new and has been sitting around in my closet for years, so it will ship in the original box. Has a Celeron G1620 (upgradable), 4GB RAM, and a 500GB drive. 6 Intel NIC and LCD/control knob (which apparently works under pfSense or Linux) on the front. There is also a CFast slot on the motherboard (Innodisk ones are cheap on eBay). All original accessories (including rackmount ears) included.

If you want a bit of a laugh, this has a Windows Server 2003 Embedded COA on it even though Ivy Bridge CPUs shipped 10 years later. Celestix supported it so incredibly long for those that relied on ISA server and Forefront TMG (which only lost support in 2020). I actually used to use one of those for a site-to-site VPN from my colo to home a long time ago.

Gone

Last edited:

abq

May 23, 2015

Celestix 1U network appliance - Brand new and has been sitting around in my closet for years, so it will ship in the original box. Has a Celeron G1620 (upgradable), 4GB RAM, and a 500GB drive. 6 Intel NIC and LCD/control knob (which apparently works under pfSense or Linux) on the front. There is also a CFast slot on the motherboard (Innodisk ones are cheap on eBay). All original accessories (including rackmount ears) included.

If you want a bit of a laugh, this has a Windows Server 2003 Embedded COA on it even though Ivy Bridge CPUs shipped 10 years later. Celestix supported it so incredibly long for those that relied on ISA server and Forefront TMG (which only lost support in 2020). I actually used to use one of those for a site-to-site VPN from my colo to home a long time ago.

I'm interested, PM inbound :)

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California

Looks interesting. Nice when the front panel controls work under Linux!

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
I think it's time to part with one of my favourite cases of all time, the Lian Li PC-767. I have had this sitting in a closet for nearly 10 years now because I couldn't bring myself to part with it. It's in pristine shape and even has all the upgrades I purchased for it, including a power supply extender (fit longer ones) and extra fans/ducts. Have all the original screws and such too. Photos don't really do the 2-tone look justice and like any Lian Li of the time, it's all aluminium and not painted. In my opinion, a timeless design, given that it predates the Core 2 launch by a year. Local pickup in Phoenix only as even though I normally keep boxes, seem to have misplaced this one. I only request that anyone interested not cut it up or permanently modify it. Hopefully someone does a retro build with it. I reserve the right to be selective on this one due to its sentimental value...

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I think it's time to part with one of my favourite cases of all time, the Lian Li PC-767.
Oh my gosh, you're posting all sorts of interesting stuff lately! A friend of mine had one of these way back when. It was much cooler than the other stuff available at the time. Hopefully it finds a good home.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Oh my gosh, you're posting all sorts of interesting stuff lately! A friend of mine had one of these way back when. It was much cooler than the other stuff available at the time. Hopefully it finds a good home.
I'm not done yet either. Still have more to post. :)

Reactions: Markess and Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I think it's time to part with one of my favourite cases of all time, the Lian Li PC-767. I have had this sitting in a closet for nearly 10 years now because I couldn't bring myself to part with it. It's in pristine shape and even has all the upgrades I purchased for it, including a power supply extender (fit longer ones) and extra fans/ducts. Have all the original screws and such too. Photos don't really do the 2-tone look justice and like any Lian Li of the time, it's all aluminium and not painted. In my opinion, a timeless design, given that it predates the Core 2 launch by a year. Local pickup in Phoenix only as even though I normally keep boxes, seem to have misplaced this one. I only request that anyone interested not cut it up or permanently modify it. Hopefully someone does a retro build with it. I reserve the right to be selective on this one due to its sentimental value...

Very nice! Pure functional form at its finest. I too hope it goes to a good home. No one really makes cases like this anymore. :(

Reactions: victhor393

nk215

Oct 6, 2015

I would love to be inline for this [pick me pick me]. I had a Lian Li case 20+ years ago. It was the first and only all-aluminum case that I had. I have it away to a good friend (with a x5650 CPU setup) and he is still using it to this day.

I am in Philly area.
Thanks

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
Intel S2600IP4 motherboard. Working pull from an upgraded proxmox server. Also has the second HBA module so it supports 16 SAS/SATA drives. Just cover shipping from 80026.