[US-NoVA] Netshelter CX 24U, UPS, JBOD's, Hard drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CaptainPoundSand

Mar 16, 2019
Ashburn, VA
Having to downsize my setup and lab (Not by choice unfortunately) - Will be posting more

Pickup Only - Ashburn, VA 20148

First big item is my Netshelter CX 24u - Has both rear fan options - $1750
--You may have to help me bring it up the stairs. (In basement)
--Cabinet itself + the rear mounted vertical PDU - Computer stuff/Rack mount stuff is NOT included.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have 2x Supermicro JBOD's with SAS2
--4u 24x 3.5" Drive With caddies,& SM jbod board, dual PSU & rail kit - $300
--2u - 24x 2.5" drive (have caddies but numbering might not match) & SM jbod board, dual PSU & rail kit - $100

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smart-UPS 1500 w/AP9631 - (Will see with cabinet, or only after cabinet sold..) - $250
-see it racked and install in cabinet picture - 2U with front bezel and actual APC 4 post mounting kit.,
Next Battery Replacement Date: 02/03/2022

2x 100gbe Mellanox ConnectX-4, + 2x 100gbe CWDM qsfp+ optics - $300 (I will ship these)
-even throw in a 30M SMF LC/LC jumper.

-- 4x NEW still in Anti-Static wrap 12tb Ironwolf NAS 3.5" drives ST12000VN0007. 3x have warranty to 3/21/23, 1x has expired warranty 9/26/20.
Prefer to sell all together - $640Shipped for all 4x.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

wings

Mar 2, 2021
if you can work out how to affordably ship the drives to Perth, Western Australia for 15.50 usd a terabyte, I will buy literally of your drives, and need none of the hardware.

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
Bump

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from CaptainPoundSand to start my own home lab about 2 years ago. 10/10 Great person/seller.

DracoDan

Not a New Member
May 26, 2016
For the netshelter, what is the spacing for the rails (from the front mounts to the rear mounts) and what is the distance from the rear mounts to the door when closed? How loud are the fans? The biggest reason I'm interested is because my current setup is so loud and I want to fix it, so noise is the biggest concern assuming my gear fits.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@DracoDan links below on measurements, but the posts can be moved between ~28.5 and 34.5 inches. I have one of these and it does a great job of reducing loud servers to moderate noise. You're still going to hear the fans some, so if you want a near silent server you are better off focusing on reducing the noise in each server. That being said these do a pretty amazing job.

Specs:

Detailed Drawings: