[US] Hitachi Ultrastar A7K2000 HUA722020ALA331 2TB 32 MB $32.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nxsfan

Jan 2, 2017
I bought 3 of these. Two of three have reallocated sectors (1 and 3 sectors) but otherwise seem fine (40,000+ hours). I threw one of the disks with reallocated sectors in my Ceph cluster and it held up just fine during the re-balance. Normally I would treat a reallocated sector as a sign that I should order a replacement disk, however most of my disks are consumer/prosumer.

Would you consider this OK?

SirCrest

Sep 5, 2016
Texas
Got two of the 2TB's in today. Both don't even spin. So good showing from this seller. Both also have rattling noises inside.

Guess I'm doing a replacement.

Edit: was using my USB3 dock that I normally check my disks in, then put them in my 24bay supermicro, still nothing

Edit2: Their packaging is also quite... bad. Thin bubble wrap, a single air cushion in a large box. GoHardDrive blows them away in packaging. I even had to add my own airbags to the box to repack it for Refurb4Less. Yea, won't be buying from them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fritz

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
I bought 3 of these. Two of three have reallocated sectors (1 and 3 sectors) but otherwise seem fine (40,000+ hours). I threw one of the disks with reallocated sectors in my Ceph cluster and it held up just fine during the re-balance. Normally I would treat a reallocated sector as a sign that I should order a replacement disk, however most of my disks are consumer/prosumer.

Would you consider this OK?
look for stable, not perfect IMO.