US - $400 Intel Gold 6148 Xeon

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
Now I'm wondering why I didn't buy both and sell one with the correct description on eBay.... cheapest one is almost $2,000

Gusss I felt nice today:D

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
Its ES. It may have lower clocks, features disabled or it may not work in your mobo at all.
Generally, ES are not even allowed to be sold, its just integrators who dump their components after using them, in violation with contract with intel.

Prof_G

Jan 16, 2020
Its ES. It may have lower clocks, features disabled or it may not work in your mobo at all.
Generally, ES are not even allowed to be sold, its just integrators who dump their components after using them, in violation with contract with intel.
Generally, you didn’t read post it has the 5 alpha numerical retail code. He already check with seller.

Reactions: JoshDi

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
I agree that is what the description and title of the eBay auction said. However, if you check the pictures, it shows a retail SR3B6 - this is the retail, non ES/QS, Intel Gold 6148 Xeon. I confirmed with the seller that I am receiving the item pictured in the auction so that if there is any problems, I will be able to return. I will confirm once received, but I believe the seller (1) didnt know what they actually have, and (2) copied an ES Intel Gold 6148 as the starting point incorrectly.

I am quite familiar with ES chips anyway. I am replacing my QL1K (Intel Platnium 8160 ES Chip) with this chip in my Supermicro X11-SPM-TF. It should be about a 50% increase in performance (2.1ghz vs 3.7-3.1ghz), even though I am losing 4 cores/8 threads.

Reactions: Prof_G

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
>> Generally, you didn’t read post it has the 5 alpha numerical retail code. He already check with seller.

QLNS is its SR code. its qualifications.

Good luck waging on whether the seller mistaken on the picture or on the item title.

Prof_G

Jan 16, 2020
The point is eBay would side buyer and he asked seller to verify, seller would loose this give his money back and have to pay for return shipping

Reactions: JoshDi

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
>> Generally, you didn’t read post it has the 5 alpha numerical retail code. He already check with seller.

QLNS is its SR code. its qualifications.

Good luck waging on whether the seller mistaken on the picture or on the item title.
Ive had no trouble returning incorrect items received on eBay. Especially when I have eBay messages with the seller confirming the picture matches what I will receive. Ill update this thread when it is received.

Reactions: Jaket

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
The chip just arrived in the mail. The seller packed it horribly - arrived in just a padded envelope and a CPU plastic case. It could have been broken in half easily.

Luckily, nothing looks damaged.

This is a retail Intel Xeon 6148 Gold ( SR3B6 ) and not an ES processor. I will be testing it in the next few days, but looks like I got an amazing score for 400! I wish I bought both

Update - processor installed easily
kernel: smpboot: CPU0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6148 CPU @ 2.40GHz (family: 0x6, model: 0x55, stepping: 0x4)

Last edited: