Updated: 01-23-23 -NVMe SSDs!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
@redeamon Do those HPE NVMe have SMART available with nvme-cli linux tools? I know that HPE SATA drives have a very stripped number of SMART attributes available, they use something else to report their write/read health, with their proprietary software.
I get a full report, but maybe I'm missing something. I'll double check when I get the chance.

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
@redeamon Do those HPE NVMe have SMART available with nvme-cli linux tools? I know that HPE SATA drives have a very stripped number of SMART attributes available, they use something else to report their write/read health, with their proprietary software.
I get a full report, but maybe I'm missing something. I'll double check when I get the chance.
For NVMe drives, use the open source "nvme-cli" tool to retrieve additional logs, including Health log. That's where Intel hides their self-checks, but I haven't looked into Samsung logs yet.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Offers considered but please do not low ball. WTB/WTT: Gen5 M.2 1TB+, ConnectX-6 Lx

4Retail Kioxia (BRAND NEW SEALED retail vendor firmware) KCM6XRUL30T7 30.72TB Gen4 (6.8gb/s read 4gb/s write) U.3/2 NVMe SSD https://americas.kioxia.com/content...set/productbrief/eSSD-CM6-R-product-brief.pdf$2400/each!

Shipping: Fedex (domestic) and DHL (international).

Ship from location: CA.

Thanks everyone!
would you consider a first-born or a kidney in trade? ;-)

Very nice drive, I'd so be all over it if I had 2.4k to blow. GLWS!

DarthCirrus

Dec 12, 2022
What’s the warranty situation with the Kioxia drives? I’ve tried looking around for a “warranty cheat sheet” about manufacturers of major enterprise drives, but can’t find one…

From looking on Kioxia’s website they say they only warranty drives sold directly and only to the original seller.

I have heard with Intel drives the warranty appears to be tied to the drive, no required proof of purchase, ect… Any of the other manufacturers have similarly generous policies?