(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SolarAxix

Mar 26, 2020
I'm still looking for a good deal on a DFI DT122. I reached out to Geran, but it looks like someone else was a bit faster reaching out to him.

@brmiller Thanks for the eBay item. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend and they don't ship to my area unfortunately.

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
I'm still looking for a good deal on a DFI DT122. I reached out to Geran, but it looks like someone else was a bit faster reaching out to him.

@brmiller Thanks for the eBay item. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend and they don't ship to my area unfortunately.
I have the BE171-77EN-427B version of it. PM me if interested, I might sell it.

crw030

Apr 11, 2020
Looking for a mini-pc for pfsense, so I guess I'll post here in case another DFI DT122 shows up? It's for a remote fiber connection thats 30/10 tops, but I mostly want it for reliable VPN consistent build with my regular home setup but not a lot of $$.

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
Looking for a mini-pc for pfsense, so I guess I'll post here in case another DFI DT122 shows up? It's for a remote fiber connection thats 30/10 tops, but I mostly want it for reliable VPN consistent build with my regular home setup but not a lot of $$.
If you're still looking, I have one new in box that I'm planning to part with. Can't remember the RAM/HD (if any) sizes...will have to double check. PM me if you want to try to make a deal.

I also have another that I modded to be quieter (mostly unsuccessfully) for HTPC duty...I'll probably part with that one soon as well, since I just went with a fanless HP T640 this week instead and don't think I have any other need for it now. Will post for-sale threads for this when I have some free time in the next week or two.

vl1969

Feb 5, 2014
If you're still looking, I have one new in box that I'm planning to part with. Can't remember the RAM/HD (if any) sizes...will have to double check. PM me if you want to try to make a deal.

I also have another that I modded to be quieter (mostly unsuccessfully) for HTPC duty...I'll probably part with that one soon as well, since I just went with a fanless HP T640 this week instead and don't think I have any other need for it now. Will post for-sale threads for this when I have some free time in the next week or two.
I would be interested in one of this if price match my aloted budget ,.
Would you be so kind to shoot a message with price to me?
Thanks V.

crw030

Apr 11, 2020

Hey Dave, I would be most interested in the unsuccessfully modified HTPC config (depending what unsuccessful looks like). My guess is "New in Box" is going to be more expensive than I am after (I am just trying to replace an old ASUS router at a remote site with a pfSense mini router).

I've been trying to find any option below approx $150-170, since at that price it makes more sense just to buy the official Netgate device.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Mine has been running 24/7 for over a year now without the first hiccup. It's my PfSense box. Sits on top of my rack. Out of sight, out of mind.

Zhang

Sep 18, 2018
I have two boxes for sale at $99 shipped each with 4GB memory. See photos here. PM me if you are interested:)

bshiers

Aug 17, 2020
I'm looking for 2 of the DFI DT122-BE boxes for an HA cluster with OPNSense. Anybody have any available at a reasonable price? I will take them without RAM or HDD, as I have that handled.

Reactions: Samir

bshiers

Aug 17, 2020
I was able to source a couple of these off Ebay at a decent price. I have untangle installed on one, probably going to try OPNSENSE on the other. I have a real odd issue where sometimes the machine won't shut down right and sometimes it just won't boot/post. I have a single 8GB stick of ram in it, a 250gb SSD and and Intel X520-DA2 card. Anybody seeing issues like this? I found another thread on this forum relating to updated BIOS I flashed that already and it didn't make a difference.

Thank you!

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Does anybody know which LAN port is which. The manual doesn't say. Need to know which one is Intel and which is Realtek.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I'm running PFSense. Think I figured it out.

WAN port is - igb0 and the LAN port is re0

bshiers

Aug 17, 2020
Has anybody popped the CPU heat sink off and can’t get the fanged thing back on? I’m having this problem with my second box like a dummy I wanted to explore and check out the CPI a bit but I can’t get the danged thing back on.. I fixed my other issue it’s the cold boot issue another member mentioned with the X520 cards which is still outstanding I believe.

Last edited: