UniFi Application Server Questions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

juniorp187

Sep 20, 2018
Hello,

I searched online and there are no ubnt application server for $999 , There website is stating $1,999.00. Is there another reseller for $999?

Thanks,

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@juniorp187 those were beta units. Ubiquiti usually discounts beta units on their store, but they sell out fast and to my knowledge don't get second runs. Certainly this one was sold out very quickly and over a year ago.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
It’s basically a dedicated unifi and unifi video controller. It’s got some onboard storage for video recordings and runs off a Xeon-D. If all you have is an AP you’re better off just running the controller software on a box or VM you already have.

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatexal

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
Has anyone tested this with the Unifi US-16-XG ? If so does the 10GB links work? Does this mean that the US-16-XG is finally playing nice with embedded Intel 10GBase-T cards and embedded NICs?
The answer is they have more or less ironed out the copper port issues since release. I just received one with a revision 13 board vs the version 4 I received initially, at least they iterating to fix problems. If you look at the forums most people have had no issues with copper 10Gbps on the newer versions.