UniFi Application Server Pro $999

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

GladLock96

Nov 8, 2016
I just bought it! It should be coming next week. I hope it's not too loud. I wonder if I can replace the fans with a few Notcua 40mm fans.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Only available for US based customers
There are several freight forwarding services available in USA that give you a USA address, which you could forward goods to your country. (Though returns could be an expensive option to freight goods back to USA.)
NB, Some USA locations can charge sales tax, but with someone like 'Shipito' they have several locations in USA.

Freight forwarding services to Australia

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
I must admit, it looks very nice. I wish it had dual PSU or 12v power options but not a deal killer. Also, I doubt this is at the magic 50% beta pricing currently.

Reactions: Evan

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
A comment on the beta forums from UBNT_Tom

The UAS-PRO is a turn-key application server for larger UniFi Video and UniFi installs that previously required custom hardware. We will still provide software for installation on your own hardware for those who want to build their own servers, but the UAS-PRO turnkey solution is the plug-and-play way to get a high-end UniFi Video NVR and UniFi controller in a 1U rack-mount chassis.

For those who don't want to rack-mount this, we made the rack ears detachable. You can get creative with mounting this to walls or other surfaces and not worry about snagging the rack-mount ears.

RAM is not ECC in the beta units, but final shipping units will have ECC RAM. Hard drives are 7200RPM WD Re enterprise drives for beta, but we're also considering 5400RPM WD Red NAS drives with larger capacity for a cooler-running option in retail units. The WD Red drives are still plenty fast.

10GBase-T works well with the copper ports on our XG series switches but also allows for easy backwards-compatibility with existing gigabit ethernet infrastructures. We considered SFP+, but the additional cost and hassle weren't worth the tradeoff for most of our users.

nitrobass24

Dec 26, 2010
TX
I dont really get the point of this...Why have a dedicated appliance for a controller? I run the Unifi Video software in the same Ubuntu VM and just mount an NFS share for the video storage.

Reactions: NashBrydges

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
Last bit of info from the blog.

The UniFi Application Server PRO is a powerful server platform with UniFi Controller and UniFi Video NVR software pre-installed on an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS base operating system. Powered by a Xeon-D server processor with M.2 SSD storage for applications and dual 3.5" hard drives in hot-swap trays for bulk video and data storage. Dual 10GBase-T ports provide plenty of bandwidth and a separate, dedicated IPMI management port makes for easy remote management without ever attaching a keyboard or monitor. Housed in a 12" deep chassis to fit smaller cabinets and match the look and feel of the rest of your UniFi products.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
I dont really get the point of this...Why have a dedicated appliance for a controller? I run the Unifi Video software in the same Ubuntu VM and just mount an NFS share for the video storage.
I understand why completely. For an operation that doesn't want to do a homebrew of their own hardware or they're looking for an all in one/unified solution with support from a vendor this is a perfect solution. In fact I have a customer who should be replacing there and be our solution and this would be a great pitch.

GladLock96

Nov 8, 2016
May I place a wager on what is inside? An updated X10SDV-4C-TLN2F. You can see pics of the D-1520 model we reviewed Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F Review - Xeon D-1520 is here which is the same as the D-1521 save for the newer CPU rev.

Very cool. @GladLock96 I am very interested to hear what you think.
Thanks! If the stock fans are too loud for my home, then I'll try to post a pics of the inside when I replace the fans and CPU cooler with an active one.

PhilipCra

Apr 24, 2017
There are several freight forwarding services available in USA that give you a USA address, which you could forward goods to your country. (Though returns could be an expensive option to freight goods back to USA.)
NB, Some USA locations can charge sales tax, but with someone like 'Shipito' they have several locations in USA.

Freight forwarding services to Australia
How have you found Shipito so far? I tend to go with viabox, as I like having the option of being able to pay with bitcoins. As far as I'm aware, Viabox are the only ones who let you pay with Bitcoins.

Last edited: