Under $35.00 Rosewill E-ATX case...Regular $99.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case, Supports up to 420 mm long Graphics Card, Comes with Three Fans Pre-installed - Front 120 mm Fan x 2, Rear 120 mm Fan x 1 - GUNGNIR X-Newegg.com

I was browsing neweggs deals and found this case, been looking for a "cool" looking one for my soon to be 21 year old daughter to upgrade her old Phenom 940 pc.

I was looking at the case and realized there are more than just the regular amount of ATX stand off holes, sure enough it list it as E-ATX compatiable.

Its a small E-ATX case and no room for a lot of hard drives but if you need a small case to hold a big motherboard thats cheap this is it!!

Holds 3 SSD's and 2 3.5" hard drives.
Limit of 3, so tempted to order three but I only bought 2.

Last edited:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Oh and it has the stamp of approval from my daughter.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
just a warm warning:
Rosewill case is not good build,
I had 3 cases that had one issue: rattle noise due to flimsy on certain parts.
the workaround is putting damper would solve the problem as I did :p......
the case is ok and not solid on my understanding.

As a coincidence, I just threw away rosewill tower case ( that I bought years back and lost forgotten.) to recycle center.
those cases was cheap for sure.
I still have 2X 4U rosewill (identical issue: rattle noise)

4U rosewill (supports e-atx) cases were cheap, Total for two was $120 (including coupon and free shipping)....

If you are not far from 2716 zipcode, I will meet at the "rally point" to give you free..

RSV-L4000 -> Rosewill RSV-L4000 Black Metal / Steel, 1.0 mm thickness, 4U Rackmount Server Chassis 8 Internal Bays, 7 Included Cooling Fans-Newegg.com

Last edited:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
just a warm warning:
Rosewill case is not good build,
I had 3 cases that had one issue: rattle noise due to flimsy on certain parts.
the workaround is putting damper would solve the problem as I did :p......
the case is ok and not solid on my understanding.

As a coincidence, I just threw away rosewill tower case ( that I bought years back and lost forgotten.) to recycle center.
those cases was cheap for sure.
I still have 2X 4U rosewill (identical issue: rattle noise)

4U rosewill (supports e-atx) cases were cheap, Total for two was $120 (including coupon and free shipping)....

If you are not far from 2716 zipcode, I will meet at the "rally point" to give you free..

RSV-L4000 -> Rosewill RSV-L4000 Black Metal / Steel, 1.0 mm thickness, 4U Rackmount Server Chassis 8 Internal Bays, 7 Included Cooling Fans-Newegg.com

Well at $35.00 each i'm not expecting Lan-Li. LOL

One is for a upgrade for one of my daughters and the other i'm going to try to put a my AsrockRack EP2C602-4L/D16 board in.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Well at $35.00 each i'm not expecting Lan-Li. LOL

One is for a upgrade for one of my daughters and the other i'm going to try to put a my AsrockRack EP2C602-4L/D16 board in.
Have fun with snake inside

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Rattle noise issue from the case .. Aka built snake inside.
Get a better caseand use it for a longtime....
Used one on my oldest daughters gaming pc build, worked pretty good but the wiring was fiddly. I used a non-modular EVGA power supply, I would recommend a full modular and then not bolt the power supply until you have plugged what is needed in.

Zero issues and zero rattles at all.

I did not mount the ssd behind the board but in the front lower 3.5" drive along with a 2TB HSGT drive for storage where I'm sure it would be cooler.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
i bought one. one way to me. do we have to buy adapters to install 3.5" HDDs? seems like 5.25" bays those...

The case has room for three 3.5" drives in the lower front and three ssd's behind the motherboard and the optical drive cage is 5.25" can hold a couple of 3.5" drives with adapters.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I just threw this together this evening, really needed a 24 pin motherboard connector extender but did not have one if I would have had one the wiring would be a lot nicer.

This case still has plenty of room for a couple of corsair H105's or larger all-in-one coolers, one at the front and one at the top, or a even larger than SSI EEB motherboard with about two inches more room up top and another almost inch twords the front.

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway