Unable to login to IPMI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pedda pedal

Nov 14, 2015
Hi guys
I'm having problems logging into the ipmi webinterface due to apperent bad credentials, however the credentials are not bad and i can login via ipmitool.
Have anyone experienced anything like this?

I have tried different browsers and cleared caches but nothing seems to work...

Supermicro X11SCH-F, V1.01

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I am not sure if it is the same on your motherboard, but I have noticed on some of the slightly older ones with AST2400 that the password is truncated to 19 characters, perhaps it is the same on yours?

Say you enter a 20 character long password, it will not "store" the last character of the password, and when you enter the password it will not work with the 20 character password, but using the first 19 characters will work.

pedda pedal

Nov 14, 2015
I am not sure if it is the same on your motherboard, but I have noticed on some of the slightly older ones with AST2400 that the password is truncated to 19 characters, perhaps it is the same on yours?

Say you enter a 20 character long password, it will not "store" the last character of the password, and when you enter the password it will not work with the 20 character password, but using the first 19 characters will work.
That didn't work unfortunetely.
This has happened to me before on a different motherboard and if i remember correct a full shutdown with a power cut fixed it, however i got 500+ days uptime on this server and really no other reason to reboot than to login and change some fan profiles.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
As you can login via ipmitool, you could try rebooting only the IPMI?

As far as I can read online it is probably something like this command you need to use:
Code:
mc reset cold
BTW: 500+ days? I never really got this specific obsession, don't you have a security update (or similar) requiring a reboot waiting?

pedda pedal

Nov 14, 2015
As you can login via ipmitool, you could try rebooting only the IPMI?

As far as I can read online it is probably something like this command you need to use:
Code:
mc reset cold
BTW: 500+ days? I never really got this specific obsession, don't you have a security update (or similar) requiring a reboot waiting?
Oh i wasn't aware you could soft reboot the ipmi, i'll look into that, thanks.

About the uptime, no security updates that i'm aware of, none important anyways.
And i really don't know about the obession either, i just like having a good uptime, i guess it's a receipt that things are setup right and working well. It's not like im gonna use it as a pickup line at the pub, well atleast i haven't tried...yet :)