Unable to gain access into Sun X2821A infiniband switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

morner

Feb 24, 2018
hey all, I know this is an old thread. But I was able to reset the password of the switch using the CLI ipmitool. Not sure if its because I have an older version, but it appears to bypass security and allow me to change user passwords. The key here is using the ipmitool that comes with Solaris! At some point the guys over at Sun built proprietary extensions to the tool for their servers, there is no source so you cannot compile it.

FronterasdMarietta

Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I just acquired two switches and haven't been able to access them. I have a server I can install Solaris 10 on to get the impi tool. Do you recall the commands you used to be able to access and change the passwords?

hey all, I know this is an old thread. But I was able to reset the password of the switch using the CLI ipmitool. Not sure if its because I have an older version, but it appears to bypass security and allow me to change user passwords. The key here is using the ipmitool that comes with Solaris! At some point the guys over at Sun built proprietary extensions to the tool for their servers, there is no source so you cannot compile it.

morner

Feb 24, 2018
I dont recall offhand , I'll have to see if I still have that VM so I can extract the history. If you read the man page it should be documented on how to list users and reset passwords

sl12

Sep 20, 2016
hey all, I know this is an old thread.
Does it compitable with non-SUN QSFP to QSFP cables?
Can I use it with HP G8 servers (they have melanox card) ?