UK: WTB Norco 4224 Type 4 Port SATA Backplane

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BestGear

Aug 25, 2014
Guys

I need a Norco backplane for a type 4224 case, hopefully someone in the UK has a spare or indeed knows who can sell me one!

Don't want one of the earlier ones that fried drives... obviously!

I have tried servercase but they have not replied and am waiting for Scan to reply.

Many thanks

David

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

BestGear

Aug 25, 2014
Well... drawn a blank so far... ServerCase and Scan claim no spares available - which is hard to believe as they are both still selling the cases with them inside!??! Does that not suck!?!?

I do wonder if they can be bothered...

Any ideas of US or Chinese suppliers of a Norco backplane? Given how dodgey the early ones were, someone must be selling them!

Thanks

ramblinreck47

Aug 3, 2019
Thanks...looks like $100usd shipped plus local Tax in the UK...will check if they have stock.
Don't buy from them. Although IPCDirect (Norco's store) is technically the right place to buy, I'm pretty sure they've gone or are in the process of going out of business. I ordered a fan wall from their website in October. It has still yet to be delivered. They won't answer their phones (it doesn't have a voicemail) and they don't respond to emails. Worst company I've ever tried to buy something from.

BestGear

Aug 25, 2014
Thank you for that advice.... so does that mean Norco are going under or just their store...?

That looks like a world of pain avoided - THANKS!