EU [UK] Supermicro X11SSV-M4F £215

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TedB

Dec 2, 2016
It seems to me that this is normal distribution channel price.

What would you use these board for ? Did you consider X11SDV series ?

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
Interesting... Never seen it priced that low.

Considering use as a general-purpose workstation (+ hackintosh, if possible)

X11SDV looks like an awesome platform, and could be perfect for my needs, but a little overkill.

I wasn't planning to upgrade my current setup (Gigabyte GA-6LISL-based) beyond a Broadwell (w/ Iris Pro) Xeon. This board comes in at around the same price as doing that + allows me to re-use my SATA DOM as well as add NVMe storage.

tomaash

Oct 11, 2016
Europe, Slovakia
Thanks, snatched one. This forum is making me broke.
It looks like quite good all in one VDI playground. Or in worst case an overpowered firewall/IDS/IPS.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
nice find!
snached one too.

a good extension node for my Minio cluster :)

thank you

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
The seller has some more interesting stuff listed today... Xeon D systems with 10G.

There was an ITX system that sold before I could get to it; maybe someone should snag the 1U FlexATX ones before I'm tempted to build *another* storage box!

anoother

Dec 2, 2016

RedX1

Aug 11, 2017
This is a quirky motherboard.

I use this unit for Virtual Hosted Desktop server. I use the iGPU for virtualisation only – Remote Desktop. I use the DVI for local access via VGA.

I learned about this board by installing Win 10. Win 10 will load all the drivers automatically. I could not find any way to download them from the SM servers.

This guide may help you to use the board for a CentOS server.

Install Intel Media Studio SDK and GPU driver from Intel Media Server Studio 2018 R1 – CentOS 7 (7.4.1708) | Any IT here? Help Me!

I hope you have fun.

RedX1

Reactions: anoother

Hansf

Apr 16, 2019
Thanks.

How does that work; will it allow you to use the iGPU (as opposed to AST2400) via the DVI-A port, or just enable iGPU for virtualization?

I received my board yesterday. Planning to design and 3D print an 80mm fan shroud/mount, as it only has a passive cooler.
If you make a 3dprint kan you share the file? I also need to cool the cpu. Anyone have any other great ideas about cooling it?

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
I've finally got my board installed and running.

Don't think I'll have room to make a universal cooling bracket, will probably be integrating one into the case.

One quirk I've noticed - Quickstart poster says the pin next to + for power LED is 3.3V standby, and there don't seem to be any ground pins near it. So how do you actually wire up the LED?

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
Don't think I'll have room to make a universal cooling bracket, will probably be integrating one into the case.
Well, after a LOT of ruminating on a specific duct for my case, I went and made a generic duct/bracket instead... does anyone want the STL?

It's designed for M3 brass threaded inserts, but I've just checked and normal fan screws fit work also.

EDIT: I uploaded images, but they don't seem to be appearing?

EDIT: pictures: X11SSV-M4F 3D-printed fan mount

Last edited:

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
Well, after a LOT of ruminating on a specific duct for my case, I went and made a generic duct/bracket instead... does anyone want the STL?

It's designed for M3 brass threaded inserts, but I've just checked and normal fan screws fit work also.

EDIT: I uploaded images, but they don't seem to be appearing?

EDIT: pictures: X11SSV-M4F 3D-printed fan mount

oh yes please :) great Job