UK (UK) Need a 12U cabinet!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jimmy wants a nas

Jan 26, 2021
Hi all hope someone can help pls. I'm after a 12U cabinet to house my 2 servers that I've built in rack mount cases.
Hope someone could either point me in the right direction to buy one from at a reasonable price or even have one they are selling themselves.

I need it to be 12U in height as I'm going to be using it as one side of a desk so any taller would make the desk too high. The other side will be having some IKEA legs on it for support.

Any help for this server noob would be very gratefully received.

I'm in the UK (east midlands area) so even though I can travel going abroad to pick anything up would be too far.

Edit----- I could look at 15U in size but certainly no taller than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
If you want something cheap and reliable, I advise HEJNE from IKEA ( HEJNE 1 section, pin, 78x50x171 cm - IKEA ). With additional parts, you can have almost every kind of setup. Between 2 height, 2U fits perfectly.
To suits your need of 12U you just have to cut the 4 main feets (I did it to fit inside a closet). This setup is sturdy, I have more than 60kg of hardware on it and it does not move at all.
S.

Reactions: Samir

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
Get well Jimmy!
I have a little bit over 60kg in my HEJNE rack and it holds strongly.