(UK) HP DL380p Gen 8

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kerbys

Mar 12, 2015
I have for sale the barebones to my Gen 8.
Looking to make a shortcase setup. This server is brand new, i installed it into my rack however realised my rack is actualy a network rack! ::DOH!::

Im planning on keeping my CPU's and RAM but if i get a good enough offer ill sell all parts and start from scratch!
BareBones - Gen 8 DL380p, Dual CPU ready ( will include Dual cpu kit and heatsinks etc), p420i RAID, Single PSU (Will check Wattage), 6 2.5" blanking plates (i have 2x 146gb 10k Drives i can include!) 100% working can show photos of video of successfull boot.
Also have railkit and cable management arm as well.
Looking for £500 for the above. + Postage NOW £400 + P&P

CPU's and RAM - I have these but would rather keep them for my new build as not sure of worth

MAKE ME AN OFFER ON BELOW!

2x Xeon e5-2640v2 8 core
8x 16GB ECC

Will do a deal to sell the lot as one.

Also I realise I am new on here always lurked just never posted! Also this kit is proberbly more suited to this website!
I can provide eBay, Avforum trader reference.

Last edited:

Kerbys

Mar 12, 2015
Hi I'm trying to figure out what's it worth. Tbh I would include the sas drives as I'll have no use for them.
What would you offer?

Kerbys

Mar 12, 2015
just for kicks, how much would a bare unit sans drives but dual e5 2640 v2's and the 8 sticks of ram cost?
Hi I'm trying to figure out what's it worth. Tbh I would include the sas drives as I'll have no use for them.
What would you offer?

Kerbys

Mar 12, 2015
I have yet to have it under load yet. It depends on the thermals of the area it is in. I have it in my garage in a cab, Its a sealed room but its cooler then my house.

Like that its surprisingly quiet. In comparison to the loud enterprise gear i work with. End of the day its a very powerful server that will be ideal for large virtualisation environments. For me when i deploy my server will be hidden away in my cinema room so i dont want something too loud. Hence looking at a custom setup using watercooling.

Kerbys

Mar 12, 2015
Will need to find out if there was a way to send the chassis. I can only imagine the postage will be alot?

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
I'm potentially interested in this, where abouts in the UK do you live please?