EU UK Cheap Fusion-io £150 3.2TB and £400 6.4TB PCI-e SSDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

YardBouncer

always yield to the hands-on imperative
Jul 13, 2019
UK
No problem.
If you have a working Win 7 install you can MAYBE rule out hardware assuming Win 7 sees it OK.
Certainly worth a try.

The Linux live CD thing is also well worth a go, Linux makes it a lot easier to probe unknown connected hardware. If you don't know Linux ( I don't) there's loads of online stuff you can copy and paste into the terminal to do all that stuff. I've done it successfully with essentially zero Linux experience.

Although I'm on a different machine at present and can't check my own card till tomorrow (it's some miles away) I seem to remember seeing something in the slot when in BIOS setup.
Its in a HP z820 Ivy Bridge workstation on Win 7 Pro x64. If it's still relevant I'll update my post in 12-18 hours.

The fact that you can't see a card present hints at either a PCIe/BIOS level incompatibility or a duff card.
Hope you can get access to another machine before you have to send the card back.

I intend to dual boot Win 7 and Win 10 so I'm interested in seeing how this plays out, especially if it is 'just' a software issue.

Best of luck!

PS

Its a 4x electrical/8x mechanical card so even if you only have another 4x slot as long as it has an open back you can try the card in it. I've been known to use a Stanley knife or Dremel type tool to open the back of PCIe slots to get larger cards in. Your mileage may vary depending on motherboard layout (caps etc behind the slot) and willingness to risk shagging your presumably expensive motherboard.

Last edited:

thingy2098

Mar 16, 2018
The IODrive cards definitely work fine in Windows 10 - that's where mine's installed. It should still show up in Device Manager as some sort of unknown device with an exclamation mark before the drivers are successfully loaded. Does it show up in device manager at all?

Otherwise I'd suggest the same thing BigBrain did and try booting from a live Linux CD and checking the output of the 'lspci' command at a command prompt, both with and without the card installed - to see if anything different is detected.