EU UK 320GB WD recertified 7.79GBP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
320GB harddrives are going to be over 5 years old, if not closer to 10 years old.

I wouldn't suggest using them for anything you consider important unless you have backups and redundancy (raid (software or hardware)).

Nimesh Bhundia

Feb 11, 2018
We all have different needs.

Personally I've been looking to learn and play with freenas. Have all the hardware needed for a 12 unit just don't have 12 identically sized drives. For under 150 I can get a bunch of drives that are identical, low power and cheap for messing about with.

I get that they are old and recertified but my use for then is not critical data usage just play.

james23

Nov 18, 2014
i agree w all, stay away from these drives (+ they are WD GREENs! not good!)

also if you are looking to roll the dice with HDDs and want something cheap, you can always find super cheap 2.5" sata laptop drives on ebay. (very cheap, and prob an even higher chance they are damaged due to physical abuse in laptop)

>You can get 4 2TB drives for 100 USD, much simpler, more storage and uses WAY less power.
true... heck i just bought 10x 3tb HGST drives at 24$ each shipped. and with no smart errors.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Would be nice to provide alternatives from the EU market rather than the US - the pricing over here is in another league.