ubiquiti usw-pro- line, can this stuff be managed completely "cloudless"?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
So their usw-pro-24-poe and 48 in particular looks great for basic l2, what about it's managebility, can you do that like in good ol days, with ssh/web completely local, full featured way? If yes what about their l3 features?
This looks like a nice switch for home, quiet, has 4sfp+, poe, I'm just concerned if i'd be able to manage this thing locally coz it looks too modern for that. I definitely dont want ip cams to even know ther's such thing as internet. But as this is also going to be an edge switch i want it to have as many features as possible for being future-prrof.

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
Sadly I cannot answer your questions, but why spend all the money on the unifi switch if you want to bypass it's fancy management stuff. Why not get a brocade ICX switch for 1/2 the price with 2x the functionality? You can replace the fans on some of the series if it's too loud for you.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Last time I checked there weren't any good offers for 7250-24p for instance. I may eventually go that way. It just seemed like less work if ubi is as quiet as people say. 7150 has both fanless and silent mode but just 4 SFP+ which is a bummer. "zp" version is too expensive and new. And unknown if it can be quiet.
Just wanna know if ubiquiti is really troublesome and hard to "own"(as in own a device not being owned by device or renting it). Someone share your experience.

nerdalertdk

Fleet Admiral
Mar 9, 2017
::1
Last time I checked there weren't any good offers for 7250-24p for instance. I may eventually go that way. It just seemed like less work if ubi is as quiet as people say. 7150 has both fanless and silent mode but just 4 SFP+ which is a bummer. "zp" version is too expensive and new. And unknown if it can be quiet.
Just wanna know if ubiquiti is really troublesome and hard to "own"(as in own a device not being owned by device or renting it). Someone share your experience.
Zp Can not run fanless sadly

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
At over 1.5 grand it's not that sexy for just wanting as many SFP+ as possible and quiet. But I'm still just wondering what about ubiquiti