Ubiquiti UniFI PoE switch 24 250w

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EluRex

Apr 28, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
When I got burn by the Ubiquiti EdgeSwtich 24-lite this Aug, I learn only to use UniFI series.

Packing is simple, just the mounting screws for the rack and power cable
uni2.jpg

The Front is just 24 poe port + 2 SFP port for trunking/stacking
uni3.jpg

Right Side has two add-on fan mounting holes
uni4.jpg

The back just management port and power inlet.
uni5.jpg

The left side has two fans
uni6.jpg

Now the bare naked shot
uni7.jpg

Close up on the Fans, and yes, there is wind tunnel seperating the psu unit and the switch unit
uni8.jpg

still has another 2 fan power source for additional fans (yes I love this feature) uni9.jpg

Close up on the power unit
uni10.jpg

This PoE switch is going to be use in office environment for Ubiquit UAP-AC-Pro, Hikvision ip cam/fish eye cam, and MikroTik SXTG-5HpacD-SA AC to create a wireless bridge which is about 1 mile away from the office. I will post the Ubnt ToughSwitch PoE 8 port that I use for the warehouse later.

Reactions: Marsh and Patrick

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Thanks
Just in time, I won an auction "Ubiquiti UniFiSwitch 48-Ports L3 Managed (US-48-500W)" $112.5 + shipping.
Now, I am researching the switch capabilities .

Reactions: coolrunnings82

Lost-Benji

Jan 21, 2013
The arse end of the planet
Better looking unit the edge sucker. Fan option bothers me, zoning is good but if a fan dies, that zone cooks. Adding other fans would be wise.

Question: Does these units allow operation of UniFi gear WITHOUT need for the UniFi controller software running on the network, or this just a switch to be controlled under the UniFi software?

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Better looking unit the edge sucker. Fan option bothers me, zoning is good but if a fan dies, that zone cooks. Adding other fans would be wise.

Question: Does these units allow operation of UniFi gear WITHOUT need for the UniFi controller software running on the network, or this just a switch to be controlled under the UniFi software?
Still going to need a UniFi controller, but now they have the Cloud Key to do that without needing a full blown computer.
Ubiquiti Networks - Unifi Cloud Key

EluRex

Apr 28, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
yeah... exactly like ipmi... embedded linux running vnc and mount for the host computer.. just that ipmi has more functionality including monitor/censor

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
yeah... exactly like ipmi... embedded linux running vnc and mount for the host computer.. just that ipmi has more functionality including monitor/censor
It is a computer that runs the Unifi controller. It is the management interface for all unifi devices not just the switches. It has no connection to the hardware itself just the web interface, so it can't do most of what a true ipmi would give you.