Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
Either add a static dns entry in your router or dhcp server called unfi and point it to your controller vm.
You can also add option 43 , however that screws with PXE, so i prefer dns option

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
I use a UNIFI cloud key. It required manual/commandline upgrade as the gui only support prod code, yet the swith requires a newer still beta.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I'm running the controller on an Ubuntu VM. I didn't have to do anything special at all for discovery - though everything is on a single Layer-2 so its all simple.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Worst case you can SSH into the device and force it to register with a specific controller. If you already know the IP of the switch it's a very simple process.

UniFi - Layer 3 methods for UAP adoption and management

This is for an AP, but it's the same process.

Code:
# 1. make sure the AP is running the same firmware as the controller. If it is not, see this guide: Upgrading UniFi firmware via SSH.
# 2. make sure the AP is in factory default state
#    if it's not, do
#    syswrapper.sh restore-default
# 3. ssh into the device and type
mca-cli
# the CLI interface:
set-inform http://ip-of-controller:8080/inform
# 4. after issuing the set-inform, the UniFi device will show up for adoption. Once you click adopt the device will appear to go offline.
# 5. once the device goes offline, issue the set-inform command again. This will permanently save the inform address, and you'll see the device will start provisioning.

JwTvH

Mar 10, 2016
Anyone else having connection issues? Since my gigabyte pesh-2 is connected on 10gbit (2x x540) connection keeps dropping. Need to restart the server to get it up again, so think a board issue?

acmcool

Banned
Jun 23, 2015
Woodbury,MN
How do i configure this switch? I have a controller up and running .Its connected to my juniper layer 3 switch.I tried console port nothing happens

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
You would configure it all through the controller software itself. You will first have to adopt the switch into the control if you have not yet done so

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Correct hook it up to you other switch just like any other network device and you will then be able to adopt and configure it

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Make sure you are using the right min version of the controller. You might have to still use a beta version for it to work. Verify on the ubnt forums what version you need to have installed

namike

Sep 2, 2014
So i tried to connect to controller . Both controller and switch can ping each other.but switch wont show under discovery.:(
Make sure you are using the right min version of the controller. You might have to still use a beta version for it to work. Verify on the ubnt forums what version you need to have installed
pyro_ is right. You need the beta controller software, not the most current on their website. I fought the same issue for about a day. FWIW, I am running controller version V5.4.6.