Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NashBrydges

Apr 30, 2015
Looks like they updated the store. It will not accept credit cards with foreign addresses anymore. I just tried to order one of the inwall AC units on the beta site, and it complains card info does not match shipment address in the US.

So, looks like only those stateside, or with a US credit card can order :(
When I ordered mine, I had it shipped to a US address and used that same US address as the billing address. Had no trouble with them charging my credit card so this might be an option to try.

wardtj

Jan 23, 2015
When I ordered mine, I had it shipped to a US address and used that same US address as the billing address. Had no trouble with them charging my credit card so this might be an option to try.
Sadly that does not work. It requires a US credit card now... They are validating the billing address of the CC at time of processing now so even if you use us addresses for both, the CC being used needs to match that.

GregB

Oct 31, 2016
Sadly that does not work. It requires a US credit card now... They are validating the billing address of the CC at time of processing now so even if you use us addresses for both, the CC being used needs to match that.
That's a shame. I obviously got in before that requirement and have one being onshipped to New Zealand.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Possibly talk to you credit card company about adding an alternate billing address. Have done that in the past to add a US shipping address to the card to get past this kind of thing

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
i am a little confused :) got yesterday a send message from ubnt, and now in package income massage from shipto.

but in my profile both switches are still says they refunded.

sno.cn

Sep 23, 2016
I've been running this switch in our production VM cluster (all still connected to a backup switch just in case!) and it's working great. I ordered two ubiquiti UF-MM-10G modules with the switch, and obviously they work fine. I'm also running some of these and some of these, and both work great with X520-DA2 (with these) and some Connectx-2 cards. I also have some X540-T2 cards on the copper ports. Everything is running great so far.

I may have to order another switch before the beta promo ends :D

Reactions: tubeamps

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Some ppl on the ubnt forums have been having issues with it and the Xeon d nics. Same issue has been reported on the edgeswitch version as well

acmcool

Banned
Jun 23, 2015
Woodbury,MN
Is this layer 3? Thinking of replacing my quanta lb6m with this?
Never got the LB6M working...Is the config on this similar to cisco ioS?

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
Underneath it's vyatta running, but configuration wise it's all done through their controller

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
What was wrong with LB6M? I already purchased it but it is still sitting in a box since I am waiting for the Fibre cables to arrive.

c6100

Oct 22, 2013
USA
What was wrong with LB6M? I already purchased it but it is still sitting in a box since I am waiting for the Fibre cables to arrive.
I have both. If noise and power consumption isn't an issue for you then Quanta is a great switch and by far the cheapest per port. However, the EdgeSwitch is quieter and uses half the power.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk