Ubiquiti Beta UniFi AC HD USD$174

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joshh

Feb 28, 2017
Also its back in stock on the Beta Store for $249
How in the hell are they advertising this on both stores? Or I should say why. You can add it to your cart on the main site's store for $100 more. All about a good deal though.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
There might be differences between these and normal retail units as they said these were beta units they found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViciousXUSMC

Nov 27, 2016
Ok finally got to the page, for some reason my account was not opted into the Beta like I thought it was.
Was not quite able to hit the "buy" button. After taxes and shipping its hard for me to imagine this is worth it over $130 or less for the AC-Pro w/ no tax & free shipping.

Can anybody really say this model is worth it for Home use with less than 30 devices as compared to the standard AC-Pro model?

Joshh

Feb 28, 2017
Ok finally got to the page, for some reason my account was not opted into the Beta like I thought it was.
Was not quite able to hit the "buy" button. After taxes and shipping its hard for me to imagine this is worth it over $130 or less for the AC-Pro w/ no tax & free shipping.

Can anybody really say this model is worth it for Home use with less than 30 devices as compared to the standard AC-Pro model?
I can't say that, its a good wifi device for sure. It is fast. I never had an AC-Pro to compare though.

nitrobass24

Dec 26, 2010
TX
Probably not worth it for a home environment. The HD is designed for high-density environments, so unless you have hundreds of wireless devices in your home its likely not worth the money.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011

If you are doing file transfers it will be faster, if you are just browsing the web, you probably won't notice.
The HD is a wave 2 device, the pro is not.

I have a first gen AC (square) and now the HD and well... when I mowed outside last I kept spotify on wifi on the full acre. I was rather impressed.

ViciousXUSMC

Nov 27, 2016
I ended up going with the $90ish AC-LR since I have no 3x3 5ghz devices and could possibly take advantage of the extended range, and of course could take advantage of the money savings.

If the HD had been free ship & tax free I would have picked it up @ $175 but after those additional charges I just could not justify it.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
For me on Ubiquity Beta site, I'm at around $267 all-in (NY -- not sure why taxes are so low).
Subtotal $249.00
Shipping $16.73
Taxes $1.48
Total USD $267.21
Cheapest I see on Amazon is ~$316. If you have an ebay account eligible for the current 8% ebay bucks promo, you could get marginally cheaper there... newegg has a couple posted @ $315.99, and you'd get $25.28 back in ebay bucks.

I was tempted to get another just in case, but I don't think at the $250 price point I can justify it. The two I picked up at original beta price have been rock steady.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I got one of these today. Very nice. More substantial than the old models.

Another option/ idea if these go away at $250 plus shipping and tax:
Amazon.com: Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD Unifi Access Point: Computers & Accessories

Depending on the Amazon seller you can get Prime (one day shipping for me) and no sales tax. So it is cheaper than getting Beta + 1 day shipping on the UBNT store.
I just got approved to do 10 tomorrow.

@workingnonstop UBNT 1 day ship is $70.

I also don't want our S/N's to be tied to the beta if we ever need to RMA or support.