U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Came across this new mini NAS chassis as I am contemplating downsizing one of my NAS when FreeNAS10 becomes more or less finalized. It seems to have the same dimensions as the ITX version (according to the descriptions, but I sorta doubt it). If it is true, that would be pretty cool though. I contacted them regarding pictures but the only response I got was "it will be added soon".

U-NAS NSC-810A Server Chassis

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Came across this new mini NAS chassis as I am contemplating downsizing one of my NAS when FreeNAS10 becomes more or less finalized. It seems to have the same dimensions as the ITX version (according to the descriptions, but I sorta doubt it). If it is true, that would be pretty cool though. I contacted them regarding pictures but the only response I got was "it will be added soon".

U-NAS NSC-810A Server Chassis
I've built two system in the mitx version of this case. I'm anxious to see some pics.

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
I'm pretty interested too. But it's werid that it says Matx and 2 PCI slots only.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I'm pretty interested too. But it's werid that it says Matx and 2 PCI slots only.
Same reason I thought it was quite intriguing, though I don't see how it could be physically possible to fit it into a chassis the same dimensions as the ITX version.

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
I think something is wrong with description. I've noticed they have U800A case which looks taller then current version. May be that was Matx?

And one of the reasons, people go for matx - number of PCI slots. And here's only two slots instead of four.

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
I've made two builds in their NSC 800 and noticed they've also brought out an NSC 810 which appears to be a deeper and taller version of the NSC 800; WDH is 316mm x 254mm x 180mm for the former and 315mm x 275mm x 197mm for the latter.

As far as I can tell from the specs and the "new features" section, the NSC 810A is the same as the NSC 810, but now allowing 2xPCIe slots. The specifying of mATX must be a misprint as there's now way you could fit anything but a mITX in this format still.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
That may very well be true. We'd know for sure once we see the pictures that's taking them ages to post for some reason.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Oh wow, so it is mATX it looks like. I guess you would connect the cards via ribbon cable. Also, it's not very clear on how much clearance you have for the CPU cooler, but I imagine that will be pretty tight.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I like the redesign a lot. So much easier to work in the motherboard area with it being up top now and there is now at least some exhaust cooling specifically for the motherboard area unlike before.

Last edited:

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I like the redesign a lot. So much easier to work in the motherboard area with it being up top now and there is not at least some exhaust cooling specifically for the motherboard area unless before.
Yes I really want to build that mini FreeNAS 10 now. Powerful little hyperconverged appliance.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Yes I really want to build that mini FreeNAS 10 now. Powerful little hyperconverged appliance.
If I didn't have a rack for all my gear I'd be all over it. If I ever want to expand the 2-bay NAS I keep at my parents house for off-site backups I'll probably pick one up.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I'm liking these but $219 is too much. The PCIe mounting looks silly. Why are they offset? No GPU.

BlueLineSwinger

Mar 11, 2013
I'm liking these but $219 is too much. The PCIe mounting looks silly. Why are they offset? No GPU.
They're offset like that so you can have risers for two different slots. The upper utilizes a taller riser for slot 1, and the lower is a shorter one for slot 2 to fit underneath the first.

This doesn't seem like the type of case one would want for anything that requires a beefy (or any) GPU, including OpenCL/CUDA/etc.

Reactions: Flintstone