U-NAS 810A does it come with SATA PWDIS 3.3v support?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
I'm considering purchasing the 810A to replace my Lenovo TS440 8x3.5" chassis that's 8 years old now. One of the biggest PITA of my Lenovo is that its SATA backplane is based on an old standard that does not support 3.3V PIN required by most newer hard drives.

Sure you can patch the 3.3V pin and work around it but since I am considering an upgrade I want my new chassis to fix this, wondering if the 810A at its expensive price point does have newer SATA spec with PWDIS/3.3v support?

jingram

Oct 21, 2018
In my experience, yes. I have two of them and have never had an issue with needing to tape pins on drives, including any I have shucked.

Reactions: Gio

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
In my experience, yes. I have two of them and have never had an issue with needing to tape pins on drives, including any I have shucked.
thanks. After shopping around the NSC810A with PSU bought direct from them was close to $400.

I ordered a chassis from China and waiting for it to arrive (shipping alone was $90 - but my total cost with a PSU was $220).

This is the case I purchased and should receive in the next few weeks: TOPLOONG NAS 08 - CaseEnd

jingram

Oct 21, 2018
thanks. After shopping around the NSC810A with PSU bought direct from them was close to $400.

I ordered a chassis from China and waiting for it to arrive (shipping alone was $90 - but my total cost with a PSU was $220).

This is the case I purchased and should receive in the next few weeks: TOPLOONG NAS 08 - CaseEnd
Slick looking case. You should do a build thread once you get the case! Only concern I see with it is the lack of a side fan. That top portion of the these cases where the motherboard and processor sit are VERY tight. The sidefan on the 810a once I replaced it, helped quite a bit. Just something to have on the radar. Good luck with the build!